Recruitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Joker
    It seems like you have your shit together. In my unit it’s not so well thought out.
    Well, when we started doing it, it was a very haphazard but with experience has improved. All you need is experience.

In my unit we recruit through association. Meaning...if everybody in the unit brings up 1 recruit then that will be enough.
    We have done something similiar. A person already in that school or college will tell their friends when we are coming in and will be part of the recruiters for that visit. It has worked wonders as the potential recruit already know that person and will listen to what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by The Joker
      Does everybody have access to a computer?
      Would everybody be proficient enough to design a poster?
      Does everybody have a job where they can use company resources for their own use?

Unless the answer is yes to all of the above, the unit/person in charge would have to pay for them.
      Ahem.

Everyone here has acess to a PC and the internet for their own use (or you wouldn't be on this board. So.

Download trial version of Adobe Acrobat. This, with word & digital camera will give you 30 days to do up a leaflet/poster. It aint that hard to do- just practice for a while.

Print the thing out a thousand times or

e-mail me and I will print it out a thousand times for you and post it out. If you leave it long enough I'll be able to print it out on colour laser jet.

Cost out of unit funds = €0.00

This offer is open to anyone who wants to avail of it. PM me and I'll send e-mail address.

There is no such thing as "I can't" there is only "I won't"
      Take these men and women for your example.
      Like them, remember that posterity can only
      be for the free; that freedom is the sure
      possession of those who have the
      courage to defend it.
      Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
      If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Is it true that recruiting is being stopped soon? If so why?
        Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,
        but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other,
        body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming........................
        WOO HOO - What a Ride!" :tri:

Comment

Originally posted by How Ya Doin?
          Is it true that recruiting is being stopped soon? If so why?
          Not stopped, just limited. As with all things decided by the PDF, we will be the last to know why because we know it is a stupid idea.

Comment

we did the schools a couple of years ago and harvested the bodies ..graet response

Little problem in Clonmel in that the schools are now actively hostile as they now believe that we are taking students from study time and are very reluctant to let us in!

All well and grand having sixty bodies in october but by March thsi number has been depleted due to outside commitments...study and exams...etc ..to be further depleted in september by the amount of kids headind to college. So the whole thing is a massive drain on resources for very little return.

So what is the soloution to the ever increasing natural wastage.....

My primary soloution and I'm open to other suggestions is the lowering of the enlistmnet age get them in younger and you'll get that extra year

It may not be as problematic in other units but people are passing through our fingers be fore we can introduce them to the more interesting features such as driving and gunnery
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy
              My primary soloution and I'm open to other suggestions is the lowering of the enlistmnet age get them in younger and you'll get that extra year
              It may not be as problematic in other units but people are passing through our fingers be fore we can introduce them to the more interesting features such as driving and gunnery
              You can solve it by ensuring people are transferred or attached to other units when they go to college. The leaving cert etc. cannot be got around and all you can do is keep in contact and inform them of different events and camps. It has never really been much of a problem for us. People have disappeared for a number of months for exams etc. but usually come back when exams are over.

Lowering the age limit is a non-runner..... Ireland has gotten enough of a grilling from the UN over the 17 age limit.

Comment

the transfer and attachment option is regularly exercised but college life creates its own hassles and so many just give up. The level of commitment is pitiful..but then again life is short so get on with living it.

I would have foccussed on people who have finished college and are moving back to take up employment in the locality but again the career path governs.

removal from a unit on a local basis to one in a larger centre especially coming from a unit like A cavalry unit where guys may have joined with specific goals in mind...to another less equipped unit often pushes people out of the FCA altogether. our already miniscule recruit applicant intake is further diminished with medicals and hearing tests and endless waits for approvals and equipmnet and uniforms when recruits are finally accepted.

Is it all part of a greater picture to negate the reserve...what are less well equipped and satallite units doing to ensure their survival?
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

There's a lot of Reserve recruit official recruiting posters and pamphlets available.
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim
                    There's a lot of Reserve recruit official recruiting posters and pamphlets available.
                    Where?

There are none left in the south.

Comment

* We held 3 open evenings (advertised in local free paper and posters).
                      * Spent a week visiting schools
                      * Couple of former members returning
                      * Word of mouth
                      * 50-100 posters around local towns
                      * 5 to 10 minute interview on local radio

Total of around 20 potental recruits. The problem now is organising audiograms (and the other tests that happen at the same time) and medicals.

What is proofing problematic now - getting these people to turn up for the said audiograms.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                        We held 3 open evenings (advertised in local free paper and posters) - total 5 potential recruits.

Spent a week visiting schools - at least 3 potential recruits.

Couple of former members returning and word of mouth
                        We in our mob are on the recruitment trail now too. I will let ye know how we
                        get on...
                        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

How to speed up the process greatly, emphasis greatly at talks etc for them to bring:

4 x passport photos
                          Long version of Birth Certificate (not a photocopy / baptismal certificate)
                          If they were born outside Ireland - their passport & other documents
                          RSI Number
                          Bring a parent / guardian, they can sign the paperwork then, saves them bring it home and losing / forgetting it
                          Check their height, before the medical
                          If you have dates for audiograms etc, give them to them, tell them if they can't make it they will lose their place
                          Get on to an recruits who are about to go non-effective (or haven't been turning up) - tell them their is a big group of recruits currently in training (so long as there is) - I've got 2 back through this

Comment

Working...
                          X