Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the Screed used to teach Arms Drill?

Comment

Yes,the very same,apart from the initial "Introducing you to your....." and "points to note"

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

No "Points to note"? How or where do you explain the movement then?

Comment

You misunderstand me,those parts are still there,but for arrms drill instead of foot drill

"Introducing you to your arms drill...."
          "Points to note in this position are ....(must include specifics on the carrying of the weapon,location of hands etc)"

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Thanks. That's cleared things up.

Comment

hi can anyone pm me a copy of the screid i gave mine to someone last year and never made a copy, in what army document is the screid located id like to get the definitive version as i remember encountering some with minor variations thanks
              "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

Colonel Decker gave me the manual with the screed in in 1991 see what harm he caused !
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by greyfox View Post
                  hi can anyone pm me a copy of the screid i gave mine to someone last year and never made a copy, in what army document is the screid located id like to get the definitive version as i remember encountering some with minor variations thanks
                  Was it not bet into you on your pnco coarse

PM me your email address if you still havent got a copy of the phraseoligy.

Anyone else needs a copy feel free to send me your email and i will send you a copy.
                  Last edited by fred the red; 3 February 2009, 00:32.
                  Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fred the red View Post
                    Was it not bet into you on your pnco coarse

PM me your email address if you still havent got a copy of the phraseoligy.

Anyone else needs a copy feel free to send me your email and i will send you a copy.
                    yes while i know the way i do it id like the official way as there are slight variations even when i did my PNCOs amongst the students there were minor variations as there were at least two differing copys ,

Comment

Originally posted by greyfox View Post
                      were minor variations as there were at least two differing copys ,
                      so much for uniformity!

something the DF does not embrace

Comment

the variances were tiny but i am a firm believer in doing it the right way ,

hopefully the new drill manual if and when it is revised will go along way to clearing up this and other issues regards drill

was the screid a amendment to the manual of foot drill ?

Comment

If it is any manual it would be in MOI, the one we were given said Bde Training Depot at the top.

Comment

got a copy of the MOI manual and its not in it ,

Comment

An example. Taken from MOI course West

PHRASEOLOGY FOR TEACHING SQUAD DRILL

1. After falling in, dressing off and standing the Section at ease the Instructor proceeds as follows:
                              Squad taking you a stage further in your Foot Drill/Arms Drill I am now going to teach you the Right Turn at the Halt. The Irish word of command being Deas Iompaigh.

2. The reason this movement is taught is to teach a soldier or a body of soldiers to perform this movement in a smart, uniform and soldier like manner. On the command 'Ar Sochracht' relax the body and look this way and I will give you a complete demonstration of the movement, "Gasra Ar Sochraidh".

3. At this stage the Instructor will give Himself/Herself the words of command -Deas Iompaigh- He/She will carryout a complete demonstration of the movement. Then facing the class He/She will now say "There you have seen a Complete Demonstration of the Movement, for Demonstration and Instructional Purposes this movement is broken into parts, each part being numbered - continue to look this way and I will demonstrate the actions carried out on receiving the command "Deas Iompaigh de reir uimhreacha (a hAon).

4. He/She will then give His/Herself that Order: "Deas Iompaigh do reir uimhreacha a hAon - immediately I received that command I forced my body to an Angle of 90 degrees to the Right reaching up with my head and shoulders. Points to note in this position are: - Weight of the body is on my right foot left leg braced heel slightly raised, remainder of the body as for the Position of Attention. You the Squad in the execution of the movement will call out a hAon - is there any questions Squad?"

5. He/She will then issue the order to the Squad and correct faults. He/She will then say "On the command Lig amach break away and practice that movement." The Squad will then break away into groups and practice the movement. He/She will then move to each of the groups and practice them and correct faults.
                              On the command Lig Isteach the Squad will reform in front of the Instr and stand at ease. He/She will then practice the Squad and perform the movement him/herself and say to the Squad " Relax the body and look this way, I left you in this position continue to look this way and I will demonstrate to you the actions carried out on receiving the command Gasra a Do. Here he/She will give him/herself the command Gasra a Do and complete the movement. He/She will then say "Immediately I received that command I brought my left leg into my right. Points to note in this position are, the body is as for the position of Attention, etc, etc. You the Squad on the execution of the movement will call out Do. Are there any questions Squad?"

6. He/She will then bring the squad to Attention and say to adopt position one, at this stage the sequence will be as per PARA 5

7. Once the Squad has reformed he/She will then say" Relax the body and look this way and I will give you a complete and final demonstration of the movement, AG GLAOCH AMACH an tAm Deas Iompaigh " "hAon" "Do" "Tri" "hAon" etc. There you have seen a complete and final demonstration of the movement, You the Squad on the execution of the movement will observe the regulation pause working on hAon pausing on Do-Tri, are there any questions Squad". Here He/She will practice the Squad a few times calling out the time and then getting them to call out the time in their minds.

NOTE: Bold writing denotes words spoken.
                              Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

new screid on the way afaik.
                                Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

Working...
                                X