Screid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screid

I am looking for a copy of the Screid for training purposes.

I am currently in charge of 2 POTs with nothing to give them.

I am only a 3* in my company, but am currently the highest ranking member at training nights, with no support from NCO's as they all have work and home lives which do not allow them to attend.

As I have no way of meeting them from one day to the next, it is very hard to arrange a meeting to get this from them.

Anyone who can forward me a copy pls let me know, and I will arrange a way to get it.

OK guys, this is from memory but I would say it is nearly there. No doubt there will be people who will correct me on this, all comments welcome.

Taking you a stage further in your footdrill I will now teach you the right turn on the halt, the Irish word of command being “Deas Iompaigh”.

Any problems with the Irish word of command class?

The reason this movement is taught is to enable a soldier or a body of soldiers to perform this movement in a smart, uniform and soldier like manner.

Look this way and I will give you a complete demonstration of the movement “Deas Iompaigh”.

Acting on my own word of command, “Deas Iompaigh”.

There you have seen a complete and full demonstration of the movement.

For demonstration and instructional purposes this movement is broken into parts, each part being numbered. Continue to look this way and I will demonstrate to you the actions to be carried out on receipt of the word of command “Deas Iompaigh, uimber a haon”.

Acting on my own word of command, “Deas Iompagih, uimber a haon”.

[Describe the position your body is in e.g.]
    All that happens here is you swivel on ball of your left foot and the heel of your right foot with head eyes and shoulders as for the position of attention.

You the class will now practice the movement “Deas Iompaigh, uimber a haon”
    [Drill and correct the class as a group]

You the class will break into pairs and practice the movement “Deas Iompaigh, uimber a haon”.
    [Break the class into pairs and have one give the order and one acting on it (and visa versa), while the you the instructor checks faults]

Class reform.

Continue to look this way and I will demonstrate to you the actions to be carried out on receipt of the word of command “Deas Iompaigh, uimbher a do”

I left you in this position. [Go to position of Deas Iompaigh, uimber a haon]. Acting on my own word of command “Deas Iompaigh, uimber a do”.

All that happens here is ……..[Describe the position of your body]

[Each step is repeated as per step 1 until all the steps have been completed]

End bit
    For this movement as with all military movements you will observe the regulation timing, working on the haon and pausing on the do tri. Continue to look this way and I will give you a demonstration of the movement observing the regulation timing.
    [Perform the movement, and then get the class to perform the movement]

Comment

Go halainn.

Sin e an Screed i mBearla. Comhgairdeachas B20 !
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Carlsberg why dont you go for the course if your the highest ranking member at training nights?

Comment

Thank you Bravo20, i believe thats is pretty much it.

Inf Boy: I'm quite happy as a 3*, no pressure as such in basic camp, usually run canteen, or KP's...easy life.

Kermit: The reason 3* in charge of 2 POT's is no one else to do it!

btw, anyone got a link to a good pic of the DPM's, as I can't find one any where, for my site

:flagwave: 22 Inf Batallion

Comment

If you are a 3* in charge of POTs, shouldnt you be a POT as well, because it sounds like you have more clout then they do. Thats wot I think anyway
            ====================================
            Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
            ====================================

Comment

Oh yes, there is also the preliminaries where you call out the marker, then call out the class, bring them to attention, number them off and then dress them off.

Comment

And march a good LONG way out in front.
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Carlsberg-Are you sure you don't mean recruits? Feel free to slag me if I'm wrong but that's just the impression I got from your post.
                  Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

why are you looking the easy life, that is what get the FCA the bad name, if you can train 2 POT's then you should take the responsibility of beening a NCO, get out from behind the bar.

Comment

What kind of POTs will let a pte who is not going on a course to train them?

Comment

Carlsberg, you might as well do the course with them, if you are in a managerial post in your civvie career then being an NCO should be no trouble to you. You've shown the initiative to train these 3*'s why not take the next step?

Comment

Carlsberg, I think it is time you started to give something back to the force, be an NCO>

Comment

was meant to do the course last year, but a change in work routine meant i couldn't attend training, and was not going unprepared.

And no I meant 2 POT's, also have a few of the late starter rec's.

Comment

There's a guy in my unit that's been there for about seven years now, he's had to turn down NCO courses twice before due to work commitments and travel opportunities. Thing is, he wasn't asked to go on a course this year at all. If you get the chance to do an NCO course, take it, the way the restructuring is going these courses will be far more time consuming and intense in the future. I wouldn't worry about your level of training either, no matter how bad you think you are, there will always be someone worse. If you have seen the previous pots threads you would know that it does not take an awful lot to pass your course, the real NCO training starts when you begin teaching people and passing on your knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                              X