• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steamy Window
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Appartantly Volunter Centres Ireland have had a 100% increase this January (compared to last January) in people coming into them registering to volunteer.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    He'd want to be careful with that one!

Leave a comment:

• WilcoOut
    replied
    Originally posted by JAG View Post

RDF- Paintball without the paint.
    because some damned recruit couldnt find the DPM paint

Leave a comment:

• spider pig
    replied
    In my sub unit, the CO is using all the assets he has to keep people interested. One of these was to use one of the NCOs to teach unarmed combat and fitness.

The result was even the 3 stars who have been up for years are getting the enthusiasm back.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    No, yes

Not based in CBB

Leave a comment:

• Hello Alaska
    replied
    Originally posted by DeV View Post
    IMO a great positive:

In the next few weeks, my sub-unit will be having weekly PT sessions (30-40 minutes circuit training) as part of the normal parade night!
    Good to hear.

Will you be given use of the gym in CBB? That's if you're 62 Bn although I think you are :confused:

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    IMO a great positive:

In the next few weeks, my sub-unit will be having weekly PT sessions (30-40 minutes circuit training) as part of the normal parade night!

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    DOD, MA, units etc

Leave a comment:

• Docman
    replied
    Originally posted by DeV View Post
    Bump, 3 years on and the problem is worse than ever

IMHO one of the major reasons is why people are treated!
    By whom?

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Bump, 3 years on and the problem is worse than ever

IMHO one of the major reasons is why people are treated!

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Of course I am not saying that recruitment is not important, I am saying that it currently gets too much emphasis compared to retention.

Once some units have recruited people have got people in uniform, they tend to forget about them and worry about getting a new batch of recruits in.

Leave a comment:

• bulldemboots!
    replied
    Unfortunately , to retain people you have to have enough people in the first place. There's always gonna be a drop out, be it people joining the PDF, Guards, or for whatever other reason. Each should be given a high level of importance.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Recruitment is still a matter for sub-units, unless individual units have made other arrangements.

As I've said MANY times retention is VITAL as opposed to recruitment. That is where the emphasis should be. It takes an huge amount of time, effort, resources and money to get people interested in joining, get them in and clothed. That is excluding doing any training with them. That is one of the reasons I believe there should only be 1-2 intakes of resources per year.

If the current troops are looked after properly and have interesting challenging things to do (and the emphasis is placed on them) then retention will drastically improve. It is cheaper in money & resources then taking on a new bunch of people that will leave in 18 months. In addition, officers and NCOs are not stuck consistantly doing the same training, year-on-year, with recruits, and everyones' morale and espirit de corps improves.

Leave a comment:

• bulldemboots!
    replied
    With the re-org is each battalion supposed to have a recruiting team or is it still just up to the sub units?

Just wondering cos this is the time of year to start thinking about recruiting in the autumn.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X