• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first woman in charge of US Army Drill School

"Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Interesting article, 29 years service, that's no mean achievement
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

fcuking outrageous!

RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Meh
        From the article: "She says she regrets not having been deployed to a war zone during her 29-year Army career"
        says it all really.
        When I breeze into that city, people gonna stoop and bow.
        All them women gonna make me, teach 'em what they don't know how

Comment

i smell politics

Comment

That is complete bollocks......outrageous......"I regret I have never deployed" Where the fcuk has she been hiding for the last eight years?????????

How in the name God will this woman expect to have any credibility training future drill sergeants a lot of whom will have probably deployed multiple times. I mean there are reservists who are on their third tour.............I'm inclined to agree with the "polotics" comment above........

Comment

The question is what is her base MOS and what units has she served in - there's plenty of people who haven't deployed (over 200,000) I believe so not necessarily her fault. Remember that promotion etc. is based on points in the US and so she may have just been in the right place at the right time. Not saying that there wasn't any nepotism/old boys/drill Sergeants club at play but without proof...

At her level it's all about training programs and materials - she's removed somewhat from the actual Drill Sergeant trail. Maybe having her in this position and actual people who have deployed facing off with the trainees is a good thing.
              There may be only one time in your life when your country will call upon you and you will be the only one who can do the nasty job that has to be done -- do it or forever after there will be the taste of ashes in your mouth.

Comment

At least the training will be by the book and not corrupted by real life experience.
                " Those that can do , Those that cant teach"

Comment

Originally posted by irishrgr View Post
                  That is complete bollocks......outrageous......"I regret I have never deployed" Where the fcuk has she been hiding for the last eight years?????????

How in the name God will this woman expect to have any credibility training future drill sergeants a lot of whom will have probably deployed multiple times. I mean there are reservists who are on their third tour.............I'm inclined to agree with the "polotics" comment above........
                  Article says:
                  After a stint as a drill sergeant in her early 20s, Sergeant Major King went through a series of rapid promotions: aide to the secretary of defense, then Dick Cheney; senior enlisted positions near the demilitarized zone in Korea; with the XVIII Airborne Corps at Fort Bragg; and at NATO headquarters in Europe.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Any birds in the drill school in the curragh ?
                    Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

Comment

No idea, but there are plenty of "birds" in the 12th Bn.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                        Any birds in the drill school in the curragh ?
                        There is no drill school in the Irish army.

Comment

Barry
                          Where does the foot and arms drill get instructed and revised from ?
                          Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

Comment

And before anyone says anything - yea i know foot and arms drill sounds like a disease

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                              Barry
                              Where does the foot and arms drill get instructed and revised from ?
                              Drill instruction (taaaaking you a stage further and all that) is taught to all PNCOs, so theoretically every NCO is a drill instructor in foot and arms drill (while the cadet school take care of sword drill). As for revising foot drill, the manual is dated 1956, and hasn't been touched since (and boy it shows). We are desperately in need of a drill wing, or of at least sending some Sgts and SNCOs over to Catterick to do the British drill course, so there'd be a few individuals who could speak with authority on the nitty gritty details of matters ceremonial (there are lads whose job it is to make sure the bigger picture is taken care of, and appropriate letters of "well you made a mess of that" go out if required, but there's a gap), and go about raising the standard of drill, which is done in completely different ways in different units.

Comment

Working...
                              X