X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbocalves View Post
    This is walting-

one because your opening point made no attempt to foster discussion

two, you claim that SandS was being problematic when he pointed a counter to a point you made,

three you claim to be royal artillery thus your not PARA/SAS so why do you care wether the SAS is made of PARA or WABC? what relevance is it.

four you cite the sun as a reasonable source, this is a similar breed to the mirror which once told me that UK soldiers were kicking the shit out of Iraqis in the back of trucks.

five, Andy McNabb is a writer of fiction who has not been in the SAS since 1993 he was a Rifleman not a para..... And by all accounts he has been ostracised by his former comrades over his book....

As for loosing pounds I'm sure the two commando speed march medals on my wall can contest that, (and members of the board were along when i did it)
    As can my Art O' Neil Challege time (again other board members saw me do that) What bone fides can you bring to the table?

Regards

I stated McNab was in that RGJ, hence he has no reason to make up the 60% claim.

"As for loosing pounds I'm sure the two commando speed march medals on my wall can contest that".

"As can my Art O' Neil Challege time (again other board members saw me do that) What bone fides can you bring to the table?"

......The annual commando speed march is 7 miles, its nothing special to boast about.
    A half fit male could do it.

.......Did you run the Art O' Neil Challege ?

"As can my Art O' Neil Challege time (again other board members saw me do that) What bone fides can you bring to the table?"

......................Ive done a 42 mile ultra marathon in 7hrs 46mins. Nine, 26 mile marathons inc 2 with a 35lb back pack for charity.

I do 2 x 9 mile runs every week to train, one with a 35lb backpack, cycle, swim and do full contact marial arts. I also enjoy doing press ups, usually around 300 in 6 mins.

Later in the yr I am doing the paras 10 (its not all that, but fun) and SAS 40 mile Brecon challenge for charity.

...................Since you asked.

"three you claim to be royal artillery thus your not PARA/SAS so why do you care wether the SAS is made of PARA or WABC? "

..............Because there was a debate about it here a while back, but I could not find supporting evidence.

"Andy McNabb is a writer of fiction"

..............He was also the most decorated soldier when he was in the British army and is a defence analyist.

Why would he make the stat up ?
    Last edited by Vanguard; 24 February 2011, 17:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
      I stated McNab was in that RGJ, hence he has no reason to make up the 60% claim.?
      Yet he has reason to make up books on shit

"As for loosing pounds I'm sure the two commando speed march medals on my wall can contest that".

As can my Art O' Neil Challege time (again other board members saw me do that) What bone fides can you bring to the table?

......The annual commando speed march is 7 miles, its nothing special to boast about.
      A half fit male could do it.
      Having two medals would indicate that i know what is involved in the event, but thank you for reminding me.
      And having done it i therefore wouldnt need to loose pounds as i would be "half fit" as you said yourself

.......Did you run the Art O' Neil Challege ?
      I ran a fair portion of it.... which seeing as the majority of the people who beat me were ultra runners, or hybrid runners is not a bad feat for somebody who has spent the best part of the last three years in a library.....

......................Ive done a 42 mile ultra marathon in 7hrs 46mins. A few 26 mile marathons inc 2 with a 35lb back pack for charity.
      But you miss the point i was making ( bit of a theme here i feel) is that i did these events under the watchfull eye of members of this board... who can verify that i did so, can you verify your claims??? ergo I am not making things up, ie I am not walting.

"three you claim to be royal artillery thus your not PARA/SAS so why do you care wether the SAS is made of PARA or WABC? "

..............Because there was a debate about it here a while back, but I could not find supporting evidence.
      Bullshit is the expression that springs to mind,

..............He was also the most decorated soldier when he was in the British army.
      I feel this has little relevance to anything.... He was still ostracisedby his mates and hasnt served in 18 years......

Why would he make the stat up ?
      I never said he did, you are being presumptous, I said he was not a particularly reliable source for reasons outlined above.

God I miss RGJ, at least he makes coherent discussions and uses reliable surces......
      But there's no danger
      It's a professional career
      Though it could be arranged
      With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
      If you're out of luck you're out of work
      We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

Originally posted by Craghopper View Post
        90% are not Navy. A healthy proportion are made up of Navy but nowhere near the 90% mark.
        In the time I've been in my Unit has lost quite a few people to the Wing, from what I hear from the older lads there's even more from before my time.... Therefore, the Wing is the Vikings retirement home. FACT.

Comment

Originally posted by turbocalves View Post
          Yet he has reason to make up books on shit

Having two medals would indicate that i know what is involved in the event, but thank you for reminding me.
          And having done it i therefore wouldnt need to loose pounds as i would be "half fit" as you said yourself

I ran a fair portion of it.... which seeing as the majority of the people who beat me were ultra runners, or hybrid runners is not a bad feat for somebody who has spent the best part of the last three years in a library.....

But you miss the point i was making ( bit of a theme here i feel) is that i did these events under the watchfull eye of members of this board... who can verify that i did so, can you verify your claims??? ergo I am not making things up, ie I am not walting.

Bullshit is the expression that springs to mind,

I feel this has little relevance to anything.... He was still ostracisedby his mates and hasnt served in 18 years......

I never said he did, you are being presumptous, I said he was not a particularly reliable source for reasons outlined above.

God I miss RGJ, at least he makes coherent discussions and uses reliable surces......

My quote post 46
          .............."He was also the most decorated soldier when he was in the British army and is a defence analyist."

What you just quoted me in your reply :

.............."He was also the most decorated soldier when he was in the British army."

Why did you just put in a full stop and miss out the rest of what I wrote ?

Your reply :

"I feel this has little relevance to anything.... He was still ostracisedby his mates and hasnt served in 18 years......"

...............The fact you invent full stops and misquote me shows you are not worth debating with.

Your quote
          "Yet he has reason to make up books on shit"

..................So obviously have an agenda, and are not intrested in the truth.

Hes was 100 x the soldier you will ever be.

obviously you are anti Parachute Regiment.
          Last edited by Vanguard; 24 February 2011, 19:06.

Comment

My quote post 46
            .............."He was also the most decorated soldier when he was in the British army and is a defence analyist."
            Any one can be a defence analyst, you dont need medals up the ying for it......

What you just quoted me in your reply :

.............."He was also the most decorated soldier when he was in the British army."

Why did you just put in a full stop and miss out the rest of what I wrote ?

Your reply :

"I feel this has little relevance to anything.... He was still ostracisedby his mates and hasnt served in 18 years......"
            Because it was not relevant

...............The fact you invent full stops and misquote me shows you are not worth debating with.
            I did not invent the full stop......

Your quote
            "Yet he has reason to make up books on shit"

..................So obviously have an agenda, and are not intrested in the truth.
            Yes I have an agenda well spotted, and seeing as I am studying history i would argue that i do have an interest in the truth. Hence my desire for reliable sources, hence my providing bona fides, hence i asked you to do likewise.

You have yet to prove anything you say with anything coming near to reliable evidence, and you get sand in your lady parts when called up over it.

Hes was 100 x the soldier you will ever be.
            Hes also 100x the novellist i am too....

obviously you are anti Parachute Regiment.
            Hmmm.

Its funny I have been on holidays with ex paras (again memebrs of this board can testify to this)
            I also have been to dinner with paras and the Cdo speed march is run by the ABMP which stands for?????

So clearly you may wanna rethink that one!
            But there's no danger
            It's a professional career
            Though it could be arranged
            With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
            If you're out of luck you're out of work
            We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

Thread locked - vanguard, I warned you about abusive posting, and you kept at it, so you get points. By all means keep at it, I haven't banned anyone in a while

Comment

Working...
              X