Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoyalGreenJacket
    replied
    time is running out - if you have PM'd me before about this then please get in touch again as the Royal Irish are willing to host a unit from the Irish DF for the duration.

Keef, i've seen the Admin Instruction - you are the brew bitch

Leave a comment:

• morpheus
    replied
    Anyone PDF or RDF doing this?

Leave a comment:

• RoyalGreenJacket
    replied
    i have just received word that 1 Royal Irish are now able to support a team from the Irish DF to enter the Cambrian Patrol 2011 - please let me know if any of you are still interested.

Leave a comment:

• rod and serpent
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
    excellent - start your tabbing training now!

We`ve already made a start, we are in training for the Army Medical Services Patrol competition in May.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalGreenJacket
    replied
    Originally posted by rod and serpent View Post
    My unit is trying to gather a team up for the Cambrian Patrol competition as well.
    excellent - start your tabbing training now!

Leave a comment:

• rod and serpent
    replied
    My unit is trying to gather a team up for the Cambrian Patrol competition as well.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalGreenJacket
    replied
    email sent to 1RIRISH as promised, however i got the auto-reply that they are on Post Operational Tour Leave so when they get back they will let me know.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalGreenJacket
    replied
    Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
    I may just take you up on that offer mate. Any help would be much appreciated.
    do you have any particular preference?

i recommend staying close to Brecon, i can give my friends in 14 Signal Regiment (Electronic Warfare) a call if you like, as they are located between Pembroke and Fishguard in Wales.

Leave a comment:

• Hello Alaska
    replied
    if you need any help with finding a British Army unit to host you then let me know.
    I may just take you up on that offer mate. Any help would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
    I'm sure if an RDF unit completed the patrol, it would raise a few eyebrows as well.
    No reason they can't, you're looking at nearly 7 months prep time for it. Plus, you still have FTT this summer don't you?

Go for it.

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
    Yep.

if anyone is considering applying, as has been said before, official sanction would be required through unit comds all the way to the top, PLUS you need to think about logistics and transport
    Me and DCOS Ops are bff's. If they can manage to move hundreds of troops halfway across the globe, along with weapons, Mowag's and everything else... I'm sure 11 troops going to Britain without weapons is achievable

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    replied
    Wrong..There are plenty of silverware in Messes belonging to individuals and teams part taking in sporting/military events.
    Yep.

if anyone is considering applying, as has been said before, official sanction would be required through unit comds all the way to the top, PLUS you need to think about logistics and transport

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    It always struck me as being "cliquey", maybe it was just the messes I was in.

Leave a comment:

• Craghopper
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
    What mess? There are no unit messes. If you attempted to put anything in a Barrack mess the laughter from the mess president would cause a new round of army deafness.
    And the civvys who fill it would pay no attention anyway.
    Wrong..There are plenty of silverware in Messes belonging to individuals and teams part taking in sporting/military events..

Leave a comment:

• SwiftandSure
    replied
    I'd love to have a crack at that! It would be something worth training for and I'd be confident that I could find 7 other individuals within the RDF capable of doing it too.
    In an ideal scenario, I'd like to find a team and dedicate training for next year's Cambrian Patrol whilst seeking the relevant permissions this year.

Although, I'm finding with other things in the RDF that trying to achieve anything outside of your own unit is routinely met with resistance and the bureaucracy involved is probably more challenging than the patrol itself.

I'm sure if an RDF unit completed the patrol, it would raise a few eyebrows as well.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    What mess? There are no unit messes. If you attempted to put anything in a Barrack mess the laughter from the mess president would cause a new round of army deafness.
    And the civvys who fill it would pay no attention anyway.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    your CO shouldn't take too much convincing, it's a win win situation and an ideal opportunity to put your military skills to the test and there is no reason you can't walk out of there without some silverware for the Mess.
    Except it costs money and there are plenty of shredders between the CO and the Deputy Chief of Staff that has to give the ok.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X