British Forces improve Amphibious Capability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=The real Jack;3378

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the last amphibious landing at inchon? so what the **** is the point in maintaining tha capability?[/QUOTE]

Motorman Falklands ?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
      Careful now, trolls make rgj cry.
      Noticed that, vanguard is gone so its not that much fun anymore :(
      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
        Motorman Falklands ?
        Motorman was in Norn Iron.

You're right with the Malvinas though, my bad.
        Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
          You posted yet another bullshit press release...you must post 10 different threads about how great the Britsh armed forces every ****ing week.

You couldn't miss an opportunity to spam the board with another press release.

Start a thread "RGJ's regurgitated press releases" and just add to that instead of starting a new thread for every single thing that goes on.
          this is the sort of pathetic narrow minded attitude what we were supposed to be getting away from?

i posted something of interest in the Foreign Forces section and it's not good enough for Goldie and you RJ can't comprehend the fact that a lot of the kit in there is of interest to many.

now go dry your eyes RJ.
          Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 2 June 2011, 16:53.
          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

MOD: Stop trolling. Stop jumping to the bait. Cool it everyone. Later I will be dishing out points and warnings.
            "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

anyhow i liked the hovercraft and would have liked to have seen more of the BARV in action.

an interesting bit of kit indeed.
              RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                Motorman Falklands ?
                Amphib capability is the only real way of getting the heavy kit on the ground.
                Airmobile is fine, but it takes a lot of C17s/C5s to deploy an armoured regiment on enemy turf.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                  You posted yet another bullshit press release...you must post 10 different threads about how great the Britsh armed forces every ****ing week.
                  As a member, he is entitled to post like everyone else provided the post conforms to the rules
                  "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Originally posted by Vickers View Post
                    As a member, he is entitled to post like everyone else provided the post conforms to the rules
                    As long as we don't find a need to comment negatively on his post, at which point, he throws the toys out of the play pen, and calls us trolls..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Let him who is without sin etc.

the title of the vid mentions its a test of MOD current capabilities in this area. Noting they are downsizing them is at the very least fair comment.

What role would these yokes play ? As far as I can see only the yanks take this game seriously any more, with the MEUs.
                      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

They have 4 primary roles
                        1 Humanitarian Aid
                        2 Counter Piracy
                        3 Strike Ops
                        4 Evacuation
                        Between those taskings am sure the group will be busy for the foreseeable future
                        Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

Comment

Good report. They finally replaced the Centurion BARVs they were an awesome bit of kit and lasted for years.

Its what the RM do for bread and butter , nice to see them show off their capabilities, even if the Larges Bay is a severe loss there is still sufficient kit to move the RM around, dunno about the rest of the army though.
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                          X