RAF Regiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by strummer
    Ah ha !!! Somewhat misleading post here Doc !!! You took a course that some RAF regiment types were also present on !!! Not quite the same as training with them !!!
    Didn't intend it to be misleading
    I have no other way of describing it. If you are on a military course, you are training with someone, especially if it is a small course. We trained together and jumped together. It is not like a university course.

Then again, it is not really that important.

Comment

what is important is the blatant abuse of military and civil law that takes place on these courses by members of the RDF....

You are not permitted to wear or use the uniform of the state without sanction from both the department of foreign affairs...and the DoD....especially on a quasi paramilitary course that is merely an ego feeder for members of the RDf who wish to place wings on their uniforms.

In the recent past a young PDF officer took part in an event overseas wearing the uniform of the state without the required authorisation....lets us say that his carreeer is now some what blighted and his promaotional prospects are nil

[amended by mod - unsubstantiated accusation]

And before anybody thinks I'm bitching because of lack of bottle to jump out of a perfectly sound airplane....been there done that ...on numerous occassions ...and I didn't have to go to holland!
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

What was the recent birdshit exercise? sorry to post off topic, but i'm curious! also could that not be taken as an order, so it would be only said officer to recieve a bo**ickin
        The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy
          what is important is the blatant abuse of military and civil law that takes place on these courses by members of the RDF....

You are not permitted to wear or use the uniform of the state without sanction from both the department of foreign affairs!.....and the DoD....especially on a quasi paramilitary course that is merely an ego feeder for members of the RDf who wish to place wings on their uniforms.
          There is only one thing I can say to that post.....

BS

The sanction to wear uniform overseas must come from DCOS(ops), not the other 2 and secondly, I am not aware of any course in which members of the RDF wore uniform over there recently. Maybe PDF? Could you back up your accusations with some info rather than shouting your mouth off???

Thirdly, the course is far more recognised as a military cse than the quasi-military course that the DF run, and most RDF who have done the course have not been authorised by DCOS(ops) to wear the wings, so most don't do the cse as a way of wearing wings!!! Get your facts right before you put your foot in it!!!

And before anybody thinks I'm bitching because of lack of bottle to jump out of a perfectly sound airplane....been there done that ...on numerous occassions ...and I didn't have to go to holland!
          Woppeee F&%$ing do for you. So you didn't go to holland. Big clap!!!

Comment

Someone get me up to full speed here...

Are the Parachute courses in Holland operated by the dutch military? How are FCA types getting slots on them? Paying their own way? I just assumed they were civvie courses (as discussed on numerous threads), but I never understood how they confered "military wings" on the participants. Any wings I'm assuming are Dutch jump wings and not Irish ones.

And the big question...why bother?

Later.
            No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

Are the Parachute courses in Holland operated by the dutch military? How are FCA types getting slots on them? Paying their own way? I just assumed they were civvie courses (as discussed on numerous threads), but I never understood how they confered "military wings" on the participants. Any wings I'm assuming are Dutch jump wings and not Irish ones.
              http://pct.absolutions.nl/content/op...PAG=PG1&LNG=EN

The Dutch army does not have a dedicated Parachute unit. To train troops in parachuting, they contracted a civilian company to do their course. Cheaper that way. The Civilian instructors were trained to a military standard and are assisted by members of the Dutch Military. Irish Reservists can do the course in a civilian capacity by paying to do it. After one jump, they recieve a Dutch civilian licence to train. However, if they complete 5 jumps, they may apply to the Dutch military Liason officer for Dutch Military wings and NATO "A" Military Licence. These are only available to Military. However, you need only BE military, you do not have to do the course in a military capacity, but you must complete 5 jumps. Jumps can be round or square.

The wings are Dutch.

Why does anyone jump out of a plane or climb a mountain etc.

Comment

Thanks Docman,

I was wondering why any FCA guys would bother with it when they'll never get close to anything similar back at home. But I'm sure it's a blast on the course.

Howcome there were RAF Regt guys there? Surely that unit has no problem finding airborne classes with the UK Para's? Did they have to pay their own way too, or were they "contracted" over there to get qualified?

I'm beginning to doubt the various articles I've read about the RAF Regt being a "high-speed" unit if they are paying for their own jump training.

Just some thoughts, not trying to get on anyone's case.

Later.
                No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

Later.
                  OOHHHHH you dirty nasty leg, Hush your mouth!!
                  :confused:
                  When I breeze into that city, people gonna stoop and bow.
                  All them women gonna make me, teach 'em what they don't know how

Comment

edit
                    [MOD: Personal message to other user, please use PM system]
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

sorry about that ..mods.....! just alittle peevd in the way the post was recieved given the information to hand and being unable to post the nesacary info given the origin of the source.

Comment

The RAF do all parachute training courses for the British Armed Force, this is done at RAF Brize Norton. The RAF instruct the Paras, Royal Marines and Sprcial Forces units eg SAS/SBS . And guess what, they even train members of the RAF regiment to parachute as well.

www.rafregt.com/2sqn.htm

www.rafregiment.co.uk

www.queenscolour.org.uk
                        Last edited by rod and serpent; 23 January 2005, 02:33.

Comment

Originally posted by ex pat 007
                          OOHHHHH you dirty nasty leg, Hush your mouth!!
                          :confused:

Just remember where you started out, Devil Dog!!!!!!!! :wink:

It's far from jumping out of planes you were reared!!!!!!!
                          "Hello, Good Evening and Bollocks..."

Roger Mellie

Comment

Howcome there were RAF Regt guys there? Surely that unit has no problem finding airborne classes with the UK Para's? Did they have to pay their own way too, or were they "contracted" over there to get qualified?
                            They were taking part in a Market Garden Commemorative jump and just wanted to get some more jump experience before they jumped (I think they were a little rusty).

Comment

Working...
                            X