Warship: Life at sea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warship: Life at sea

Season 3 available on Demand from today.
    New series begun last night on Ch5.

My5 - Warship: Life at Sea - Season 3 - Episode 1 / Episode 1 (channel5.com)
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Is Channel 5 on Sky in Ireland?

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
      Is Channel 5 on Sky in Ireland?
      Only if you tune it manually. And then you can't record it. Easier to wait a day for the on-demand.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post

Only if you tune it manually. And then you can't record it. Easier to wait a day for the on-demand.
        Cheers

Comment

Seems the show had an incident where the Towed Array of HMS Northumberland was hit by the Russian sub they were tracking:

Comment

My5 - Warship: Life at Sea - Season 3 - Episode 2 / Episode 2 (channel5.com)

Some nice lumpy North sea in this weeks episode.

Comment

My5 - Warship: Life at Sea - Season 3 - Episode 4 / Episode 4 (channel5.com)

Close to home.

Comment

My5 - Warship: Life at Sea - Season 3 - Episode 5 / Episode 5 (channel5.com)

Another local episode. Not avail till next week :(
                Last edited by na grohmiti; 1 February 2022, 18:41.

Comment

it's a very interesting watch - it'd be good to make it mandatory for anyone involved in budgets or opinions about possible future directions for the Naval Service.
                  Irish Naval Service Photos

Comment

What's also notable is how the RN frigates are literally creaking at the seams, with their replacements only just beginning to be built, all while the Russian activity increases.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                      What's also notable is how the RN frigates are literally creaking at the seams, with their replacements only just beginning to be built, all while the Russian activity increases.
                      I think the term Buyer Beware comes to mind for the ones they are trying to flog on the second hand market.
                      As for the Sub Incident, please tell me I wasn't the only one thinking "Crazy Ivan"
                      It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
                      It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
                      It was a new age...It was the end of history.
                      It was the year everything changed.

Comment

To be fair, I was young and could run a mile when those ships entered service. Now I live in a house without stairs to save whats left of my knees. They have been worked hard throughout the world in the meantime, and are designs from another age, from lessons learnt during the Falklands war. Worth pointing out that this series was recorded in late 2020..

Comment

My5 - Warship: Life at Sea - Season 3 - Episode 5 / Episode 5 (channel5.com)

Episode 5, final episode last night.

Episode 5
                          Monday, 07 February
                          60 min | Documentary
                          HMS Northumberland is deployed off the west coast of Ireland and receives intelligence that a Russian warship has been spotted heading towards Faslane.

Comment

Saw one of these episodes a while back, was very interesting
                            Pity about the UK restriction on watching the episodes
                            Guess I ain't watching online until I get a UK VPN
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

They work for me. Unless cork was annexed by the UK unknown to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X