No announcement yet.

Sandhurst RSM RTU'ed for bullying - The Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the COS was addressing the RDFRA ADC this year, he specifically said there was no need for bad langauge in the DF.
    Screamin Jim said there was no need to cuss ###
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog
      Screamin Jim said there was no need to cuss ###

I served in the same barracks with this gentleman when he has a Commandant, at times his vocalubary was very "colourful" and always loud. As a Coy OC in 5Bn he had a C/S who was a master of motivation but he at times he took it on himself to give "motivation quotes" to the troops.
      Last edited by B Inman; 12 August 2006, 01:34.

Comment

Hehe!
        Motivation quotes..I love it. God be with the day when a real RSM or SNCO could roar abuse for 5 minutes without repeating himself.Entertaining as long as you weren't the recipient. I recall one deceased sergeant who was given a telling-off by the CO after "asking" one luckless recruit if he was a "Ho-mo-sec-shew-il" for having committed the mortal sin of making eye contact with the sergeant......I'll bet the NCO in the UK won't have anything overtly done against him, but he's marked for life now and won't go anywhere except out.
        regards
        GttC

Comment

I think NCO's and people training recruits should definately use bad language to get their point across,I also think they should be allowed give a recruit as much abuse as they like even sligthly physical abuse(pushing little slaps across the head etc)its the only way to teach proper discipline and to toughen recruits up...we dont want to be going to the leb or whatever with a load of chicken sh*ts.Its all part of the army and if you cant put up with it then i would'nt join.
          Bundy

Comment

Originally posted by Bundy View Post
            I think NCO's and people training recruits should definately use bad language to get their point across,I also think they should be allowed give a recruit as much abuse as they like even sligthly physical abuse(pushing little slaps across the head etc)its the only way to teach proper discipline and to toughen recruits up...we dont want to be going to the leb or whatever with a load of chicken sh*ts.Its all part of the army and if you cant put up with it then i would'nt join.
            GOOD GOD MAN YOU CANT SAY THINGS LIKE THAT!!!!! What if you offend some delicate little pte. Back in the good old days you got an ammo boot up the h**e if your kit was in bad order, now you have to write out a hundred times " i must keep my kit clean".
            I remember it being called verbal gunfire and if you couldnt handle the nco shouting at you then how would you handle say a riot, or a real battle.
            Some people will say times have moved on and you cant treat people like that anymore but conflict is still as savage as ever and after all is the DF not training people to kill others at the end of the day????
            What you need to turn out from your training depots are hard soldiers who when confronted with battle and all that goes with it wont look at the cpl and say "no i wont take that position cause its too dangerous and you cant make me cause if you touch me i'll tell my solicitor"
            Or am i wrong???????
            Irishman serving in Her Majesty's Splendid Armed Forces, seeking fame and fortune and bringing light to the dark places of the World.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
              I'll bet the NCO in the UK won't have anything overtly done against him, but he's marked for life now and won't go anywhere except out.
              regards
              GttC
              he is a RSM, its the highest NCO rank so he is not expecting a promotion. it would take a lot to intimidate him into leaving.
              The school of artillery told us it couldn't be done...
              They were wrong.

Comment

I agree with super soldier totally.We don't want our soldiers to run away in the middle of a battle we want hard bas****s that will fight with you.
                Bundy

Comment

Originally posted by MOB87 View Post
                  he is a RSM, its the highest NCO rank so he is not expecting a promotion. it would take a lot to intimidate him into leaving.
                  Incorrect. Many WO1 and WO2s in the Brits who are relatively young recieve commissions, and become what are known as Late Entry officers.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                    Incorrect. Many WO1 and WO2s in the Brits who are relatively young recieve commissions, and become what are known as Late Entry officers.

Barry you took the words out of my mouth. Its mainly the rank of WO1 that would get a late entry commission depending on their previous experience they may be fast tracked to the rank of Captain.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundy View Post
                      Yes.

Intimidate your subordinates into doing what you want them to.That'll encourage them to put their lives on the line to carry out your orders, knowing full well that their lives and general wellbeing aren't worth a flying fcuk to you, beyond giving you that power buzz you so desperately need to try and make up for and/or hide your many obvious personal defficiencies.

As compared to, for example, putting a few rounds into your back at the earliest opportunity while you're hogging the only/best available cover from fire....... fragging- fun for all the family!

The only physical abuse which should be allowed in the army IMHO is the kind where the soldier is required to throw themselves into the ground, and generally knock the sh1t out of themselves in training in much the same way as you would do if, for example, some cnut was desperately trying to kill you and you as a consequence are desperately trying to make yourself small enough to hide in a medium sized pothole.

As compared to lowering yourself gently into a comfy position in case, god forbid, you get a bruise or several (not to mention avoiding sheepsh1t and wet patches) as was the style when I was in the RDF.
                      Take these men and women for your example.
                      Like them, remember that posterity can only
                      be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                      possession of those who have the
                      courage to defend it.
                      Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                      If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Hammond, who is 6ft 2in with a crew cut, is alleged to have subjected recruits, including the two Princes, to a torrent of foul-mouthed abuse.

The New College RSM carpeted Harry after he visited a strip club earlier this year — then was caught going to the SAME club himself with ten other Sandhurst NCOs.
                        He is neither an officer cadet or a future king!

He said: “Everyone was terrified of RSM Hammond.

“His job was to enforce discipline into cadets and junior staff and it was a job he loved. If you were unlucky enough to be on the receiving end of one of his tongue lashings you knew about it.

“He’s a big guy and always carried a ‘pacy’ which is a brass-ended cane. He had a zero-tolerance approach.
                        Any good RSM is one who his subordinates want to impress and don't want to get on the wrong side of, if he didn't have a zero tolerance approach he shouldn't be doing the job!

Big deal he used bad language, the article specifically says there was no physical abuse of any kind.

Comment

ya for gods sake, he's only shouting at you. Its the same mentality thats creeping into society today. There being trained to kill people, they're not supposed to be a pack of pussies. I wonder if this would have come to light if the princes were'nt involved at some stage? Everybody is too ready to cry over nothing these days..pisses me off.

Comment

Working...
                          X