• Kilcumney Hill, Co. Carlow

sigpic
    Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
    My favourite moment was when the
    red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

• Cycled up to Islandbridge for a spin today, took some pictures of the Great War memorial on me phone, apologies for the poor quality..

Bear with me, there's a few

Attached Files
      Last edited by trellheim; 19 July 2009, 17:17.
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• there's more but I don't know how to resize them , they don't fit very well. sorry !

Comment

• Not bad size for a Phone.
            Very nice.

WHere exactly is that place?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• opposite where clancy barracks used to be, along the Liffey.

Comment

• Visualisez des multitudes de cartes, obtenez les itinéraires pour vos trajets en transports publics, à pied ou en voiture, consultez l'état du trafic en temps réel, planifiez vos voyages, affichez des vues satellites, aériennes ou à l'échelle de la rue. Faites-en toujours plus avec Bing Cartes.

Clancy & Collins to the east.
                RHK to the south east.
                Keogh to the south.
                Military School to the north west.
                Magazine Fort to the north.
                DoD and McKee to the north east.
                Last edited by Victor; 20 July 2009, 01:30.
                Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

• Its Islandbridge, take the N4 exit off the M50 towards the City Centre and it is on the left hand side

You take a left at the road to bring you past Clancy (tried posting map but didn't work)

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                    Its Islandbridge, take the N4 exit off the M50 towards the City Centre and it is on the left hand side

You take a left at the road to bring you past Clancy (tried posting map but didn't work)
                    Grand.
                    Don't plan on driving to, or at Dublin any time soon, but I gather from trells directions that it isn't too far to walk from Heuston station.
                    I know the one you mean Dev. In the past before the Luas days, you would turn right at this junction after passing clancy coming in from the Naas road if you wanted to go to the airport but avoid the M50 toll......:confused:

Comment

• 15-20 mins walk. Left out of Heuston, across the LUAS liffey Bridge, turn left, follow road to Islandbridge, turn left down towards Clancy, before main gate on Left, turn right, see small brown sign for War Memorial, follow in around bend into park [ you can't see it from the road. ] Explore at leisure.

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• if you come out of heuston station and turn right the main entrance to the memorial is only 10 mins from the station with no turns its a little easier

Comment

• Monument in Whitegate, Co Cork to local men killed during the First and Second World war.

And another CWGC headstone, not far from the Cosgroves Grave in Aghada, Leading Seaman R Barry, RN, HMS Agincourt, 2nd April 1916, Age 24.

Comment

• Is this site listed here: http://homepage.eircom.net/~wlawless/ww1/Dublin.htm
                              Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

• Portlaoise 1916 Memorial
                                This one is a coule of miles south of Portlaoise on the Cork Road. I've passed it loads of times but curiosity finally got the better of me today.

The top plaque is the Declaration of Independence
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X