Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillemont Commemoration 1st July 2007

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Guillemont Commemoration 1st July 2007

    Some photos of last Sunday's ceremony at Guillemont.



    The MC was Dr Ian Adamson OBE, Chairman of the Somme Association.



    Comdt Buckley repesented the DF and laid a wreath. The chap on his right is Capt G Mahood RIR. They are pictured below at the salute having laid their wreaths.





    The Rev Ian Paisley made a nice speech.



    Representatives from ONE above left and right. The lad in the middle gave a British salute so he's presumably from a British association.



    RIR Bugler above to play the Last Post and Piper below to play a lament.

    sigpic
    Say NO to violence against Women

    Originally posted by hedgehog
    My favourite moment was when the
    Originally posted by hedgehog
    red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

  • #2
    Some good pics GH, are they yours.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by rod and serpent View Post
      Some good pics GH, are they yours.
      Yes. I was in France last weekend.
      sigpic
      Say NO to violence against Women

      Originally posted by hedgehog
      My favourite moment was when the
      Originally posted by hedgehog
      red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by rod and serpent View Post
        Some good pics GH, are they yours.
        I’d have been interested to have heard Rev. Paisley’s talk. In spite of all the ‘hell fire and brimstone’ speeches over the years, he worked very hard in his constituency for all the people there, BOTH Catholic and Protestant.
        Last edited by Test Pilot; 6 July 2007, 18:39.

        Comment


        • #5
          I wonder if any IMO members of the Rangers were present.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rod and serpent View Post
            I wonder if any IMO members of the Rangers were present.
            The whole band was at Thiepval on Sunday morning.







            The director of operations.



            Some of the Standard Bearers before the ceremony above and fell in below.





            During the ceremony on the Thiepval Memorial.



            The other Thiepval Memorial, on the village church a few hundred metres from the big one.



            The Luftwaffe remains aloof.
            sigpic
            Say NO to violence against Women

            Originally posted by hedgehog
            My favourite moment was when the
            Originally posted by hedgehog
            red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
              I’d have been interested to have heard Rev. Paisley’s talk. In spite of all the ‘hell fire and brimstone’ speeches over the years, he worked very hard in his constituency for all the people there, BOTH Catholic and Protestant.
              He got straight out of his car and went into the catholic church at Guillemont.
              The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.
              (George Bernard Shaw, Playwright, 1856 - 1950)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by WES View Post
                He got straight out of his car and went into the catholic church at Guillemont.
                He`s a closet catholic.

                Comment

                Working...
                X