Lee Enfield Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fiannoglach View Post
    Squeeze, Barry, we squeeze...............
    is this a self pleasuring technique???
    But there's no danger
    It's a professional career
    Though it could be arranged
    With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
    If you're out of luck you're out of work
    We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

Originally posted by turbocalves View Post
      is this a self pleasuring technique???
      What's the difference between pink and purple?

The grip......
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

First pressure, second pressure..BANG.. Shite that hurt- next time buttplate firmly into shoulder, first pressure...

Comment

Great to see that there are still a few out there
          it will be long, it will be hard, and there will be no withdrawl
          Winston churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
            What's the difference between pink and purple?

The grip......
            But there's no danger
            It's a professional career
            Though it could be arranged
            With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
            If you're out of luck you're out of work
            We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

Nothing liue a 303 ricocheting off the metal work in the butts to get people into their flakers and bone domes!

Comment

Flackers..Bone domes...303s......you must have been in a differnt army to me!!!!
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Hi there
                  The "domes" were elderly 1944 pattern, usually worn only for mortar shoots. The flackers were the elderly ones with no pockets and held together with twine because the zip was usually broken.Both items were usually filthy and battered. There was truly nothing like a ricochet to concentrate the mind, especially if it rattled around the butts a few times befoe leaving.
                  Ah, fun.
                  regards
                  GttC

Comment

Hi there
                    The "domes" were elderly 1944 pattern, usually worn only for mortar shoots. The flackers were the elderly ones with no pockets and held together with twine because the zip was usually broken
                    GTTc I am well aware of what they are..as they were still in use up to the not so recent past ..but way back inabout 1984 when I last used a .303 on behalf of the Slua Muiri...didn't even know they existed.

I still have a '44' pattern helmet as souvenier..never thought much about requiring the manky zipperless bootlaced entwined Flacker though.....

Best use I found for the flacker when alongside in haulbowline on Eithne they used to remove the cushion from the captains chair on the bridge so the sentry couldn't sit down on duty..hey presto..the flacker came into play!
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Friend of mine has a .303 we play with sometimes.

He bought it in 1976, when he was finishing his service with the SADF...they were selling them off for R50.

Comment

I just bought several surplus Enfields online, and I have to say they are some of the most accurate rifles I've ever fired. What a joy to shoot, even in their condition they were good to go.

Comment

He bought it in 1976, when he was finishing his service with the SADF...they were selling them off for R50

Funnily enough some of them ended up back over here in the wrong hands about the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                            Funnily enough some of them ended up back over here in the wrong hands about the same time.

He thought about that, but before he could go into business they called him right up again and sent him on holiday to Angola.

Killjoys.

Comment

Working...
                            X