now lets get back on topic
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

The way I see it, The topic is your personal gripe with one re-enactor group. What makes them so special?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I thought the show was about the BBC 1 show that still hasn't been aired, and the storm in a tea cup produced by the views of one member of the group which are akin to what you would hear in any local.
        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
          The way I see it, The topic is your personal gripe with one re-enactor group. What makes them so special?
          thanks it took you a while

but your correct

my gripe is that they recreate the worst of the worst facets of humanity

and seeing as this is my thread I can happily say that

they reneactors of this particular ss murdering bastard unit

in my view are lacking in a lot of things

but i wuold love one of these nazi loving idiots to just tell me what

is so lacking in their life that they have to dress up and pretend that they

are the some of the worst bastarsd that God saw fit to put on this Earth

I am not insulting any member of this board

of course if one of the members / mods is a closet nazi lover

then off course I am insulting you- dont waste time trying to figure out if there is

subtle insults, I mean for them to be blatant

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post
            I thought the show was about the BBC 1 show that still hasn't been aired, and the storm in a tea cup produced by the views of one member of the group which are akin to what you would hear in any local.

go on

edit it

you know in the clear light of day you want to

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
              thanks it took you a while

but your correct

my gripe is that they recreate the worst of the worst facets of humanity

and seeing as this is my thread I can happily say that

they reneactors of this particular ss murdering bastard unit

in my view are lacking in a lot of things

but i wuold love one of these nazi loving idiots to just tell me what

is so lacking in their life that they have to dress up and pretend that they

are the some of the worst bastarsd that God saw fit to put on this Earth

I am not insulting any member of this board

of course if one of the members / mods is a closet nazi lover

then off course I am insulting you- dont waste time trying to figure out if there is

subtle insults, I mean for them to be blatant
              While I see where you're coming from, the fact is they don't actually recreate anything as such. I'd back you up if these lads were actually re-enacting the Babi Yar massacres or herding Ghetto-Jewish Re enactors into pretend gas chambers. But they aren't.

If I may be blunt, all re-eanctors are fantasists who bear as much relation to the subjects they re-enact as your local Boy Scout Troop does to the ARW.

Each and every re-enactment group will offend somebody but it's a free country and if they act within the law they are quite entitled to dress in old uniforms and sit around the place doing nothing much.
              sigpic
              Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
              My favourite moment was when the
              Originally posted by hedgehog
              red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Hi all
                that programme was sharp! The SS reenactors did themselves no favours, by clamming up instead of stating their aims.David Irving really threw the cat among the pigeons! As for some of the tat that was on sale,Hitler mugs and the horrendous anti-Jew books!!! Beltring needs to get it's act together......It's not only the SS reenactors that get grief.The US guys get needled about Iraq and the British reenactos get stick from Shinner sympathisers.
                regards
                GttC

Comment

I was watching the Panorama Programme

oh sweet jesus

what a bunch of sad twisted and bogoted individuals

these lads reenact the 2nd battlegroup LAH- a unit that contained the most cowardly

vicious bastarsd in the SS

what a bunch of idiots

does anyone know

what units our Irish heros renact

I take comfort in the fact that at least our heros wouldnt be so stupid to

reenact 2nd Battle Group LAH

thank God for small meercies

Comment

Are you not reading too much into this HH?? I mean I'm sure most guys do it for fun as opposed to the real history of what happened...

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_Army01 View Post
                      Are you not reading too much into this HH?? I mean I'm sure most guys do it for fun as opposed to the real history of what happened...

I suppose it would be easier to say nothing and not fight with people and not get penalty

points etc

but sometimes you have to put your head above the parapet

I looked at the web site and there was some cracking reenacters out there

the lads who do the Military vehicles are probably some of the most talented

people we have in the country

then there is so many Armies that fought HONOURABLY in WW 2

why would people deliberatly choose an SS Nazi Unit with a history of such attroticies

I really cant understand it

and people are free to dress up as the walton family if they so choose

what I also worry about is,

thhis English bunch that was on Panorama, clearly had members who were allied

to facist and far right organisation

if the English gang are like that, its a certainty that our lads share teh same sympathy

Comment

Ive got some questions about the reenactors at that show.
                        I know people are going to say that they are only doing it for historical
                        purposes and that people were dressed up as allied soldiers as well,
                        but why do they have a fasination the SS? Why not the Whermarcht?
                        Why are there 10 SS reenactors to every 1 allied? Why was there so much Nazi parafinalia
                        floating around? Why would you want to drink your tea out of a mug
                        with Hitlers face on it and why oh why oh why would you get married
                        in a German WWII uniform?
                        Im Ron Burgendy??

Comment

I suppose it would be easier to say nothing and not fight with people and not get penalty

points etc

but sometimes you have to put your head above the parapet

I looked at the web site and there was some cracking reenacters out there

the lads who do the Military vehicles are probably some of the most talented

people we have in the country

then there is so many Armies that fought HONOURABLY in WW 2

why would people deliberatly choose an SS Nazi Unit with a history of such attroticies

I really cant understand it

and people are free to dress up as the walton family if they so choose

what I also worry about is,

to facist and far right organisation

if the English gang are like that, its a certainty that our lads share teh same sympathy
                          Are they affiliated?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyrdf View Post
                            why would you get married in a German WWII uniform?
                            Of everything on the program that was the weirdest. With all the guests dressed in German uniform. Weird!

Comment

........what I also worry about is,

to facist and far right organisation.....
                              And no doubt they are out knocking lumps out of the opposing "firm" after the
                              game each Saturday......
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                                And no doubt they are out knocking lumps out of the opposing "firm" after the
                                game each Saturday......
                                Nice chaps that they are they even flew in members from a brother 'firm'
                                in Holland. They certinally livened up the conversion what with there talk
                                of "nordic blood" and what not.
                                Im Ron Burgendy??

Comment

Working...
                                X