New re-enactors group.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New re-enactors group.

I want to start up a new re-enactors group.

Having seen all the other groups at the SALUTE show last year it got me thinking that one particular group was missing that definatly should have been there.

The group I want to set up will be based on the OLD IRA (1916-1921).

If a group like this already exists or if anyone knows of someone who can help organise this please get in touch either through here or by PM.

I am serious about this and any genuine and constructive help would be gladly appreciated.
    Woo Hoo, finally moderated!!!!! In that select band of people who speak their mind instead of being sheep!

What is the aim of this re enactment group
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by spudula View Post
      The group I want to set up will be based on the OLD IRA (1916-1921).
      So a bunch of guys in caipĂ­ns and bandoleers running around the country getting langered then?
      Meh.

Comment

Hi there
        there's already a bunch doing just that.I saw one fella dressed as the cleanest, most well-armed Old IRA man that ever existed, doing the rounds at the Curragh Military Vehicle Show in 2006.I think he's connected to the Waterford or Wexford SS re-enactors crowd.
        regards
        GttC

Comment

ire group

Munster military vehicle and reenactment group do this period also 1916 - 22 period , see pics on www.battlegroupsouth.com under Micheal collins section from some film and documentaries we did fotr history channel
          joe

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
            What is the aim of this re enactment group
            To represent IRISH military history at events like salute and other such venues.

There seemed to be an abundance of yank, brit, kraut, and other nationalities so it got me thinking, why not set up an Irish one????

To educate the younger generations of Irish people about their military history in a more hands on way then they can in school.

Does this meet with your approval???????
            Last edited by spudula; 7 March 2008, 00:26.
            Woo Hoo, finally moderated!!!!! In that select band of people who speak their mind instead of being sheep!

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
              Hi there
              there's already a bunch doing just that.I saw one fella dressed as the cleanest, most well-armed Old IRA man that ever existed, doing the rounds at the Curragh Military Vehicle Show in 2006.I think he's connected to the Waterford or Wexford SS re-enactors crowd.
              regards
              GttC
              Yes, they were in touch, but i'd rather not be associated with zee SS.

Comment

The munster military vehicle and reenactment group who are made up of Battlegroup south and Waterford military have a large group who do this period also. They have made several films and documentaries for history cannel and channel 4. If you look in the battlegroupsouth.com web site under photos and look in michael Collins section / irish history you will see all the group at various gigs including the reeanctments they did for National museum last year. You can contact joe by e-mail for details on that site too.

Comment

Does this meet with your approval???????

Yes, they were in touch, but i'd rather not be associated with zee SS.

that meets with my approval
                  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                  The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                  The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                  The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                  Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

This is a a bit like Groundhog day and search function day rolled into one.

Comment

Well, Spud, you don't have to.Nothing stopping you from talking to who ever re-enacts the 1916-22 period. Even if they play at Nazis on their days off, that's got nothing to do with your direct aims.The Old IRA were not Nazis but they were not whiter than white, either.
                      regards
                      GttC

Comment

Working...
                      X