Munster Fusilier Association?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Munster Fusilier Association?

A number of colleagues in work are in the process of tracing their family history(must be a time of life thing). While we all have shared addresses for archives in the UK, as many of us have discovered ancestors who served in the British army in the past, some find the details from Kew a bit basic to say the least.
    Given that most of the ancestors served in the Munsters, (including my own) Is there a Munster Fusilier association, or somewhere else where we can find more history specific to this regiment?

Thanks.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
    A number of colleagues in work are in the process of tracing their family history(must be a time of life thing). While we all have shared addresses for archives in the UK, as many of us have discovered ancestors who served in the British army in the past, some find the details from Kew a bit basic to say the least.
    Given that most of the ancestors served in the Munsters, (including my own) Is there a Munster Fusilier association, or somewhere else where we can find more history specific to this regiment?

Thanks.
    Association - http://www.rmfa92.org/

Info website - http://www.munsterfusiliers.net

The latter one is new to me, the other I came across when doing a bit of research about the WW1 back in 2006 with the anniversary of the somme and all that went on.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
      A number of colleagues in work are in the process of tracing their family history(must be a time of life thing). .
      It's an interesting, if sometimes frustrating, hobby.

You're unlikely to get more information than they have at Kew, the problem being that the damned Germans bombed the place in WW2 and burnt many WW1 records. It's a matter of luck. WES recently found 50 odd pages of a record for a Sgt from Clerihan who died in 1917 after 20 years service, including his charge sheets from India. Great reading.

Posting on a genealogy discussion board is worthwhile.

Those links are for Tipperary. Click back to get to Cork or wherever.

The Irish Family History foundation has a seachable online database.

Search Irish Family History records online: parish registers; church records; Roman Catholic and Protestant. Irish Family History Foundation online research service for the 32 county genealogy centres throughout Ireland. Largest online Irish Genealogy records database for 32 counties. Ireland ancestry, baptismal, birth, marriage, death, census, gravestone, Griffith Valuations, Tithes, ships passenger lists records. Family History research provided by centres.
      sigpic
      Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
      My favourite moment was when the
      Originally posted by hedgehog
      red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Thanks lads, thats exactly what I'm looking for.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
        X