X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• odonnellt
    replied
    Originally posted by cha the tel View Post
    If you can get your hands on the following book "Goodbye Dublin" The British Military Evacuation 1922 By Anthony Kinsella. Good luck in your search

Thanks for the great info. I've just rung the British Library who gave me all the details I'd need to request an Inter Library Loan of this book.

It's available at the University Of Warwick Library & the full title is:

Dublin Historical Record, Vol 51, No.1 (Spring, 1998)

It's an article within the above & goes from pages 4-24.

I'll head to the main library this afternoon to request it. With a bit of luck I'll be reading it soon.

Leave a comment:

• cha the tel
    replied
    If you can get your hands on the following book "Goodbye Dublin" The British Military Evacuation 1922 By Anthony Kinsella. Good luck in your search

Leave a comment:

• odonnellt
    started a topic Beggars Bush Barracks

Beggars Bush Barracks

Hi,

Another newbie here. I found this site recently & have been lurking for a few days. Great site, full of info for someone like me who's trying to find out about their long lost relatives.
    If anyone can help, please get in touch.

My dad's grandad Davis was in the British Army at Beggars Bush before it was handed over in 1922. He, according to my uncle was an instructor in the Army & was posted to India. His wife went with him & had a child aboard ship & another one born in India. He died in 1965 & we think he was called William. My gran, his daughter's been dead many years & we can't find her death certificate which would've had his name on. Another uncle say's that he was a Sergeant Major at some point in his life.
    I'd like to know what regiments were stationed at Beggars Bush pre 1922 please. This would narrow down our search a bit I suppose. I've written to the records office at Glasgow but they haven't really got enough to do a search for me. What would life have been like for an Irishman in the British Army in Dublin pre 1922?
Working...
X