Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures of Germany in Colour

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pictures of Germany in Colour

    Have a look at the attached link

    some fascinating pictures of Germany in WW 2 - in Colour

    I didnt think it would be prudent to down load all the pics

    if a mod wants to do it- knock yourself out

    http://www.cracktwo.com/2010/04/colo...-100-pics.html
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

  • #2
    Good find Hedge, very interesting insight into the period.

    Comment


    • #3
      Every so often I like to contribute something thats worthwhile, relevant and intellegant

      the next one is scheduled for Oct 2011-

      However I agreee with you SAS-

      when you see pics of the War time Germans it hard to see the horns and tails
      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
      Are full of passionate intensity.

      Comment


      • #4
        I particularly like this photo.

        It astounds me how strong the Nazi rallying and organising power was back then; whether everyone there wanted to be there or not.

        Comment


        • #5

          Comment


          • #6
            this reminds me of someone I know. B20 and a few others might think so too
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

            "No, they're trying to fly the tank"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by cooley View Post
              That looks like a certain officer from last years assessments!
              "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                I particularly like this photo.

                It astounds me how strong the Nazi rallying and organising power was back then; whether everyone there wanted to be there or not.

                Last time I saw a crowd like that was the Phoenix Park in 1979!
                'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                  Last time I saw a crowd like that was the Phoenix Park in 1979!
                  Too bad the Bohemian Corporal failed to show and you had to look at some Priest fella instead

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CS Gass View Post
                    Too bad the Bohemian Corporal failed to show and you had to look at some Priest fella instead
                    Is there anything to be said for another mass?

                    A friend of my mother's had his wedding on the same day (booked ages before the pope decided to call in, of course). Had very few guests at the ceremony, as they couldn't get through the traffic caused by the arrival of il papa. He (not the pope, my mother's friend) has since said that it was the first of many bad omens in his marriage!

                    Somehow I doubt the same welcome would be forthcoming now! Well, maybe if the pope dressed up as hitler, people might come along to see........

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Very different times. The majority of the country turned out ar one of the locations to see JP2. Of course back then everyone went to mass, we respected the Gardai, were Inspired by the church, feared the Banks, and looked up to the Dail as our betters.

                      It's easy to forget just how different things were.
                      The Jugen AA gunners visit to England soon will be treated no differently to any other visit by a foreign head of state.


                      Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                        Very different times. The majority of the country turned out ar one of the locations to see JP2. Of course back then everyone went to mass, we respected the Gardai, were Inspired by the church, feared the Banks, and looked up to the Dail as our betters.

                        It's easy to forget just how different things were.
                        The Jugen AA gunners visit to England soon will be treated no differently to any other visit by a foreign head of state.
                        When's the last time a Head of State used an official visit to launch his new line of condoms?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                          Very different times. The majority of the country turned out ar one of the locations to see JP2. Of course back then everyone went to mass, we respected the Gardai, were Inspired by the church, feared the Banks, and looked up to the Dail as our betters.

                          It's easy to forget just how different things were.
                          Well it's good to see that some thing have changed for the better in the last 30 years!
                          'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                          'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                          Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                          He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                          http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by cooley View Post
                            Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                            That looks like a certain officer from last years assessments!
                            I hope it wasn't a fitness assessment.
                            sigpic
                            Say NO to violence against Women

                            Originally posted by hedgehog
                            My favourite moment was when the
                            Originally posted by hedgehog
                            red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Groundhog View Post
                              I hope it wasn't a fitness assessment.
                              If it was he must be looking up at the score board

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X