No announcement yet.

Luftwaffe Crashes in Ireland 1940-1945.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luftwaffe Crashes in Ireland 1940-1945.

At present I am researching the crashes of Luftwaffe planes in Ireland during World War Two .I am especially interested in any photos of the surviving airmen and if possible any photos of the crashed planes .I would be very grateful if anybody could help me in any way , thanks.

Hi there,
    The go-to man on this subject is Tony Kearns, over on Worldairpics forum. He has the real gen on the subject.
    regards
    GttC

Comment

Try this book, I have a copy and its a nice read, the author has written many books on irish military history:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Landfall-Ire.../dp/1904242030
      "Dwight D. Eisenhower: The best morale exists when you never hear the word mentioned. When you hear it it's usually lousy.

Comment

Oh no.You've upset Tony now..........
        regards
        GttC

Comment

£141.44 - is he having a Toffee Crisp?!
          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

3 great and very freindly and accesible sources

1- the Library in the DFTC- loads of books- magazines and articles - and if someonne has ever done a DF project on this, then they should have a copy.

2-the Military Archives

3- the German Embassy
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Paddy Cummins in Waterford has all covered in 'South East Aircrashes in the Emergency' and Donal Mac Carrons book. land fall Ireland, between both of these books, and Guests of the Nation by T Ryle Dwyer, throw in Donal MacCarrons Step Together, its all in there.
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Many thanks gentlemen for all the pointers . I have Donal Mc Carrons books which are ok but I am looking for more detail . I did get Paddy Cummins's book on the crashes in the "South East" which was very well researched and had some wonderful photos .
                I was hoping that there were members on this forum that may have material or photos that have not been seen before , again many thanks to all who have took a interest in my post .

Comment

Not a bit.Same guy;he just doesn't post here anymore.I know that he has met many of the former Luftwaffe and Allied aircrew who ended up in Ireland.from what I know of his work, he is the standard-setter on the topic.
                  regards
                  GttC

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                    £141.44 - is he having a Toffee Crisp?!
                    That is a bit steap, the copy I have is the paper back and cost £14.
                    "Dwight D. Eisenhower: The best morale exists when you never hear the word mentioned. When you hear it it's usually lousy.

Comment

Working...
                    X