Major Richard "Dick" Winters has died, RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorenco View Post
    I remember seeing Das Boot in black and white originally. does anyone know if the colour version was a re-make?
    You must have recorded it on a black & white video tape, not a colour one...
    'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
    'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
    Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
    He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
    http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Like I was saying, you could evolve a series around the British at Arnhem/Sicily/Rhine or the Germans in Holland/Greece/Crete.

regards
      GttC

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
        Like I was saying, you could evolve a series around the British at Arnhem/Sicily/Rhine or the Germans in Holland/Greece/Crete.

regards
        GttC
        I think they dried out that well by the end of the 1950s. John Mills played everyone.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
          No, your telly was broke.
          It was originally a mini-series, which was then made into a film.
          I should have had the glasses fixed. Like my 8 year old granddauaghter often says to me: Was everything in black and white when you were young grandad?

Comment

I'd like to see a band of brothers/pacific style series on the Korean war. Especially from the 1 Marine Division perspective. Their haphazard formation and training. The landings at Inchon and the battle of the Chosin reservoir(Retreat Hell! We're just attacking in another direction) would be epic in terms of cinematics.

And there are some decent Korean films/shows out there. Tae Guk Gi was pretty epic, except for the Asian attempts at acting. But thats more of a cultural thing.

And who can forget MASH.
            To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

M.A.S.H the movie or the TV Series?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

have a look at the Korean film, "Brotherhood". Some of the combat scenes would rattle your head, they're that intense.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                  have a look at the Korean film, "Brotherhood". Some of the combat scenes would rattle your head, they're that intense.
                  Thats the english title of Tae Guk Gi. Great film but I'd rather see a series based around the 1st marine Division then a film
                  To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Working...
                  X