Duncannon or the Curragh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncannon or the Curragh?

Some help please folks. Never been to either and dont know what expect. Both the Duncannon and Curragh military shows are coming up soon and im thinking of bringing my brats to one of them.

Which is usually better and what is usually involved? Probably stupid questions but better asked than not.
    Anyone need a spleen ?

Duncannon is more compact, but a nicer location, if remote.
    You have a better chance of seing Irish DF equipment at the Curragh though.
    Personally I prefer Duncannon. Its all down to weather though. The curragh the one time I was at it was more of a sales fair rather than a demonstration. The re-enactors at Duncannon can be quite entertaining, once you are tired of looking at yet another Alvis Fox or Bedford.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

When's the Curragh military show on?
      There is no problem that cannot be fixed with high explosive.

Comment

I cant remember which one is better but one of them is very good and one of them

allows fat pervy blokes to dress up as Nazi's and glorify war criminals.

I would go to the good one if I was you mate.
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Curragh is on 8 May.

Thing about the Curragh is you get a DF input and the collectors from the North come down.

Its more of a military vehicles show where Duncannon is more focussed on Re enactors from what ever era.

I haven't been to the Curragh in a couple of years but I will being going this year. I want to see an RG32 up close and personal.
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

wouldnt mind trying to get to both if i can find the cash
            Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

Definitely worth a visit. even though there's a lot of then same stuff every year, there's always something new/different.
              regards
              GttC

Comment

anybody know when the next show is on in the Curragh

Comment

Originally posted by Drylander View Post
                  anybody know when the next show is on in the Curragh
                  think its already been posted

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                  Curragh is on 8 May.

Comment

How much is entry to these events ? counting pennies to see if i can afford to go to both lol
                    Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

Originally posted by ollie View Post
                      How much is entry to these events ? counting pennies to see if i can afford to go to both lol
                      Normally between 5 and 10 Euros, if I remember correctly
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

10euros id never afford that would they accept a medical card im suffering from and PTSD

What good is in youth when it's ageing what joy are in eyes that cant see when there's sorrow in sunshine and flowers and only our rivers run free.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                          Normally between 5 and 10 Euros, if I remember correctly
                          Thats not too bad, i ll get that for a kidney :-)
                          Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

Retired DF at Curragh is free, otherwise a tenner for adults children under five free or a family for twenty quid.

Again Duncannon is about the same , but not free to retired members of the DF.
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Looks like both it is so. must keep an eye out for the secret IMO hats
                              Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

Working...
                              X