Curragh Military Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curragh Military Museum

I was in there today. Excellent; new Gun Room (sponsored by James Black, Rolls-Royce restorer extraordinaire), new Chester Beatty antique weapons room, two AMLs joining the outdoor display and a loan of the beautifully restored IRA "Moon Car" Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost. The Museum has gone from a very, very good visit to a must-see.

regards
    GttC

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
    I was in there today. Excellent; new Gun Room (sponsored by James Black, Rolls-Royce restorer extraordinaire), new Chester Beatty antique weapons room, two AMLs joining the outdoor display and a loan of the beautifully restored IRA "Moon Car" Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost. The Museum has gone from a very, very good visit to a must-see.

regards
    GttC
    How does it compare with Collins ?

Comment

They are different fish, the Curragh is much smaller but is still very good

Comment

I was in there last Sunday and had a similar reaction - great collection, especially the gun room, and the fact that it's open Sunday afternoons from 2-5 is a great bonus. Be aware that the gun room Moon Car/Sliabh Na Mban room are separate from the main collection. Don't miss them.
        “The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards.”
        ― Thucydides

Comment

Working...
        X