Michael Collins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Collins

Ok, after watching a video today by Colm Connolly(I think) it claimed that Mick was shot by a man called Sonny O'Neill, an IRA man. I heard a different story a few months ago, where Tom Kelleher apparently shot the Big Fella. Does anyone have any thoughts or evidence or anything on who actually did shoot him?

Bet you that waster dev did it!:p
    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Why do you want to know who shot Mick?
      I am sure the shoter is long dead.

Let Mick R.I.P.

Comment

If talking about Michael Collins is disturbing his eternal rest, then I doubt he is ever going to get any. As with any important or controversial historical figure, the man and his actions will be discussed and debated for ever.

Since he was an Irish military figure and a casualty of the Civil War I believe his life, and the manner of his death, is a valid topic for discussion.
        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Virtually anybody who was in Co.Cork on the day has been blamed for shoooting Michael Collins, including the driver of the armoured car and Emmet Dalton. Nobody knows for definite nor will we ever know now. Quite probably the man who did it was unaware who he was shooting at even if he wasn't just lashing lead in the general direction of the enemy.

Dev was in the Kilworth area at the time so if he shot Collins it was a damn good shot.
          sigpic
          Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
          My favourite moment was when the
          Originally posted by hedgehog
          red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

The problem I had with Connolly's documentary was that Mick was apparently hit by a bullet which richocheted off limestone. Sonny O'Neill was supposed to be a crack shot in the British army, so it's a bit unbelievable that he'd hit the limestone...

Comment

I suppose its time to own up.....I might as well be blamed as I've been accussed of everything else in the past including setting fire to the officers mess in Clonmel recently.......It was me I shot Michael collins.....honest I was only cleaning my rifle and it went off....the road block was acctually a traffic accident that went unreported by AA roadwatch....the'ambush party' were merely on their way to a pilgramage....the whole thing was a misunderstanding.......the civil war was a mistake....it was a ctually a fight after a county final that got out of hand....Sorry!
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Finally the truth is out....

Comment

I suppose you shot JFK too...

Comment

No, that was me

Comment

It was a snap shot, taken in haste & under stressful conditions, it is entirely possible the round didn't hit him. Maybe he was in an unsteady firing position, maybe he didn't get a chance to adjust his sights or aim off. Even the best shots miss.
                      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

I didn't....Iwasn't even there at the time ....but if I had ....I would have made sure it was full of officers at the time...and would have bolted allthe doors......ambushed the fire service...and even if they still had manage to enter the barracks ....connected their hoses to a petrol supply.......
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Yeah enlighten us!

Comment

It wasn't me...honest I wasn't in barracks until after the event!

Comment

There are loads of different theories as to who might have shot Collins and it happened so long ago now that conclusive evidence is going to be impossible to get. I think this is going to remain a mystery with a few possible people who could have done it. Kind of like irelands version of the JFK assassination.

One thing is for sure though, it was one of the worst things to happen Ireland in the 20th century.

Comment

Working...
                              X