No announcement yet.

Irish in action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

herr flick, out of interest, what tours have you been on?
    Sex - Breakfast of Champions!

Comment

irishbatt

Originally posted by Boom
      A good read about the Congo is, Siege at Jadotville by Declan Power. It gives a good insight into 35 Bn & the determanation to carry on the fight against the huge odds stacked against them.
      Here is the cover of the other book in question 'irishbatt' . this and 'seige at jadotville' are esential reading for anybody intrested in irish involvement with the UN over the last 40 years or so , i hope the pic opens ok as 2 other previous attempts failed and as we all know ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,failure is not an option .

Comment

Nice link here that shows the Irish have been involved in a lot of fights around the world not neccessarily under the tricolour.
        Especially like the South African Irish Regiment.
        ok that didn't work try this
        Last edited by Bosco; 4 November 2005, 00:09. Reason: link didnt work
        Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

And just look what the Bastards did to our guitar!!!!!!!!!!
          Who would have figured the DFF were music lovers

On a more serious note

when a flechett round and 2 solid shot hit the post.
          A flechette round is one fo the most lethal and deadly rounds fired in an AP role

Flicky how many of our Irish papers carried that story of the deliberate attempt by the DFF to kill many irish troops, I bet you not one

Yet an ex soldier or a soldier does something wrong and every paper goes out of the way to cover it

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
          But it's "Saviour of 'is country," when the guns begin to shoot;
          An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;
          But Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool - you bet that Tommy sees!
          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

flechette rds, christ i used to hate having to pull them out of the t-walls at the blackhole so you could whitwash for the fecking CO's and the bloody pliers used to snap them and the brush would fall apart :(

Comment

Ah the black hole

Or Samantha Mumba as it was called on the later trips
              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Itchy
                herr flick, out of interest, what tours have you been on?
                70inf bn an 80th inf bn. First trip was with B.Coy and second with C.Coy.
                Press Corp-"Say General the Folks back home would sure like to know where you got that pearl handled revolver?
                Patton-" P-P- Pearl? ITS IVORY-only a cheap New Orleans Pimp would use a PEARL handled revolver

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog
                  Flicky how many of our Irish papers carried that story of the deliberate attempt by the DFF to kill many irish troops, I bet you not one
                  No one covered it, not a f*&%ing one. The IDF said the following day that they dident know they were shooting at us because it was dark!!!!! We had that position for christ knows how many years. The tank in question had to leave the compound at Saf al Hawah, and drive half way to At tiri, with his night vision, Thermal imager etc, then set his main gun towards our position and fire THREE times. But he dident know it was our position????
                  Thank f**k the NCO IC the post was bigger than me, and able to take the 84. The bastards had already killed my section commander 4 weeks before that.
                  Press Corp-"Say General the Folks back home would sure like to know where you got that pearl handled revolver?
                  Patton-" P-P- Pearl? ITS IVORY-only a cheap New Orleans Pimp would use a PEARL handled revolver

Comment

Anybody know anything about this incident at Op Ras, 45 Bn UNIFIL?

Vagrants are people, just like you and I and always remember "there but for the grace of God......", You've troll tendacies yourself at times.
                    "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

Originally posted by Steamy Window View Post
                      Anybody know anything about this incident at Op Ras, 45 Bn UNIFIL?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...2&postcount=39
                      As far as I can recall, the DFF nicked the lads off the OP to barter their lives for passage through At Tiri. Two of them are still serving in the south. Must ask them sometime.
                      sigpic
                      Say NO to violence against Women

My favourite moment was when the
                      red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Working...
                      X