Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suppliers for Magnum Amazon Desert Boots

Hi,

Thinking of getting Magnum Amazon Desert Boots for personal use. Anyone know any suppliers in Ireland?

Other than that I am going to have to go via the UK. Any good suppliers here? Only place I can seem to find them is Silvermans.

Try www.bondsafety.ie
    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by Docman View Post
      Hi,

Thinking of getting Magnum Amazon Desert Boots for personal use. Anyone know any suppliers in Ireland?

Other than that I am going to have to go via the UK. Any good suppliers here? Only place I can seem to find them is Silvermans.
      Blimey, are Silvermans still going???. I remember there shop in Mile End as a kid

Niton do some good desert boots.

http://www.niton999.co.uk/home.asp

Comment

Dont bother.They are crap as far as the britsh army (who were issued them in iraq on recent trips) are concerned.Better bet is the meindl desert boot.Now replacing said boot in b.a use.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

The surplus store in Midleton were selling them quite cheaply. Possibly due to what apod said though...
          "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
            Dont bother.They are crap as far as the britsh army (who were issued them in iraq on recent trips) are concerned.Better bet is the meindl desert boot.Now replacing said boot in b.a use.
            Not very impressed with the Meindl Desert Fox... the sole wears down VERY quickly. Inside the sole is not more rubber but sponge which soaks water into the heel. It is a good boot but not ideal.

Was also looking at the Lowa boot but I have been impressed with the issue Magnums so thought the Desert version would be similiar.

Comment

The Meindl desert fox was designed for DESERT conditions i.e dry sandy areas.Soles WILL wear down quicker if worn all the time on concrete.Also they arent designed as a wet weather boot so what do you expect?:confused:
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

The Meindl desert fox was designed for DESERT conditions i.e dry sandy areas.Soles WILL wear down quicker if worn all the time on concrete.Also they arent designed as a wet weather boot so what do you expect?:confused:

I believe thats the issue for Chad

Comment

Interesting.They should go well with the normal dpm uniform as at the mo thats all the lads will have :redface:

Comment

When are you off to the desert Docman?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                      LMFAO

Comment

Interesting.They should go well with the normal dpm uniform as at the mo thats all the lads will have :redface:

yeah..pissed off is not the word

Comment

Even a Capt i know going on small scale overseas deployment cannot get them.
                          "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

They are for personal use - as said already

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                            I'm going to the desert in August, but I wouldn't buy them just for that, so I am looking for something that will deal with a very simple desert walk and personal use after that. Desert boots are very comfortable and, being boots, keep you used to boots.

I'm just looking for a simple answer, a little less of the smart alec comments would be nice.

Comment

Thank you for that Docman, because, I have never worn desert boots in my life. In fact I have never worn boots either. When we were young our parents painted our feet and tied our toes together. You ask a question like that you gotta expect a wide range of smartalec responses. I just got there first.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X