New DPM Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by apod View Post
    When did you last get issued a stable belt?Agreed,the older cloth type model is shite.It "ropes" over time and was two wide for the loops on the pants.Newer model is narrower and made of a stronger webbing strap sort of material but in the same design
    On enlistment, as far as I can remember

Wouldn't have thought it was something which would need to be replaced too
    often

Must put in for one when I am back
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
      He seems to have spilt some Tippex on his rifle there, but yep, the Lowe Alpine logo
      is visible alright

Are the sleeves of that top conventional cloth, or is it some kind of wicking material
      for hot climates ?
      Exact same as the normal shirt.Angled,velcro closed pockets on sleeves,covered in velcro for flashes etc.Zipped collar for wear with CBA.
      Attached Files
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• New jackets going around are what looks like soft shell wind breaker type.
        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ZULU View Post
          New jackets going around are what looks like soft shell wind breaker type.
          Exactly what they are supposed to be.

[Mod: Some text removed for persec reasons]
          Last edited by Barry; 2 May 2011, 17:02.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Whats up with the helmet cover in the pic with the minister?

Actually is that the issue helmet? It's looks like a different one.

Comment

• Originally posted by spaceghetti View Post
              Whats up with the helmet cover in the pic with the minister?

I thought it was a different helmet myself but it's hard to tell from the side.

Actually while we're on the whole ARW thing, any word on how the lads are finding their plate carriers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                I thought it was a different helmet myself but it's hard to tell from the side.

Actually while we're on the whole ARW thing, any word on how the lads are finding their plate carriers?
                If you look at the back of the helmet where the goggle strap is it look as if it curves inwards?

Comment

They look a whole world of comfort away from the normal CBA!

Weird that there's no side plates tho
                  Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post

I think the you can get an optional cummerbund that connects to it around the waist area and has side plates built into it as well as more MOLLE attachment points

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post

A whole world away from the retarded setup we have too.

A two layer system that doesn't even have any quick release buckles, so God forbid if you ever ended up with a chest wound a Medic would have to unclip and unzip your Battlevest, then open up two seperate sets of velcro closings and then pull the CBA up over your head to get it off.

Retards.

Originally posted by spaceghetti View Post
                      I think the you can get an optional cummerbund that connects to it around the waist area and has side plates built into it as well as more MOLLE attachment points
                      Indeed, although I've seen a few Yanks saying the side plates will usually make you too bulky, especially when it comes to pushing through doors etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by spaceghetti View Post
                        Whats up with the helmet cover in the pic with the minister?

Not a general issue helmet.Its one of the "Mowag" helmets that were purchased as an interim measure before the current issue one entered service.That was one of the covers supplied with the helmet AFAIK.In this picture from the easter parade '06 you can make ou the plasic chin cup and the "ring" for the chinstrap closure.A dead giveaway.

Originally posted by spaceghetti View Post
                        If you look at the back of the helmet where the goggle strap is it look as if it curves inwards?
                        Optical illusuion.They dont.

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post

Thats why the wing dont wear the normal CBA!
                        Plate carriers dont usually have side plates or soft ballistic panels.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• A whole world away from the retarded setup we have too.

A two layer system that doesn't even have any quick release buckles, so God forbid if you ever ended up with a chest wound a Medic would have to unclip and unzip your Battlevest, then open up two seperate sets of velcro closings and then pull the CBA up over your head to get it off.

Retards.
                          I asked the exact same question on a first aid course not too long ago.The medic instructor informed me that they would just use "tuffcuts" to cut straight through the Kevlar at each shoulder and the cummerbund if you had a chest wound.havent seen them do it,dont particularly want to be in a situation where they do
                          Perhaps those in the know might enlighten us.Can "Tuffcuts" cut through the soft armour on CBA?

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                            I asked the exact same question on a first aid course not too long ago.The medic instructor informed me that they would just use "tuffcuts" to cut straight through the Kevlar at each shoulder and the cummerbund if you had a chest wound.havent seen them do it,dont particularly want to be in a situation where they do
                            Perhaps those in the know might enlighten us.Can "Tuffcuts" cut through the soft armour on CBA?
                            Deadly, so just bleed out while you wait for them to work through soft armour with a Tuffcut

The mindset of the folk in procurement will always puzzle me.

Comment

The yanks introduced a flaker with an emergency quick release feature a few years back but its not liked by its troops because it had a habit of falling apart when it got caught on an object, and now its being replaced with troops in Afghanistan.

The old green flakers we use to use had the front and rear parts velcroed together at the shoulders.

Comment

• The old green flakers we use to use had the front and rear parts velcroed together at the shoulders
                                Ah no, they didnt.
                                The velcro on the shoulders used to hold down the pockets for the shoulder kevlar inserts.The front part of the vest was attached to the back underneath those pockets.

Comment

Working...
                                X