• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Whiteathame
    Recruit

• Whiteathame
    replied
    Here's a Camelback catalog. (I believe a replacement "reservoir" is what you're looking for.)
    http://www.rei.com/Camelbak

Leave a comment:

• concussion
    Gunner

• concussion
    replied
    You can also get a bladder with an insulated British DPM pouch which has four female Fastex clips so you can attach it to the side of a rucksack. Alternatively use it as a standalone bag. I wasn't too keen to move away from Camelbak but I got mine 2 years ago and I'm quite happy with the hose lock and length. I don't use the outer pouch much as I found it it hard to balance the pack and always carry a daysack anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Docman
    Closed Account

• Docman
    replied
    Seems to have improved since I had one 2 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• spaceghetti
    Sergeant Major

• spaceghetti
    replied
    Originally posted by Docman View Post
    The tube was too short - this was a biggie as nothing is worse than finding your tube is no longer on your shoulder strap but bouncing around behind your back. The camelbak tube is too long but it is easier to tie up a long tube than make do with a short one.

Hard to clean - Camelbak breaks down into multiple parts which makes it easy to clean. Get something stuck in the tube of the Source and you can do nothing about it.

The mouthpiece had no stop valve and it leaked regularly when any weight was put on it (as happened when bergens were piled into the back of trucks) (I think they may have fixed this issue).

A small thing but my Camelbak came with its own thermobak holder which allowed it to strap easily onto the issue bergen or daysack. It could also be used on its own - Source didn't have such a thing when I was buying one.

Now this was just my experience and my preferences, someone else may have a different experience and Source may have fixed these problems but just my preference.
    The tube seems the perfect length to me, but that probably because i'm small

You can join 2 of the source tubes together using an SQC insert:
    http://www.source-militaryshop.com/i...products_id=28

Or as paul said you can attach a tube from any other system.

Instructions on how to disassemble and remove valves is here:
    http://www.source-military.com/cm/2010wraptank.indd.pdf

I think it's a lot easier to clean a source pack because of the opening yoke on the top.

The storm valve has 2 locking mechanisms in it (push it down and it's locked, twist it and it's double locked) and it comes with a cap.

Also source packs are strong enough to take your body weight without breaking even when full and have a better defence against bacteria.

Leave a comment:

• paul
    Sargent Major

• paul
    replied
    The tube was too short - this was a biggie as nothing is worse than finding your tube is no longer on your shoulder strap but bouncing around behind your back. The camelbak tube is too long but it is easier to tie up a long tube than make do with a short one.

Hard to clean - Camelbak breaks down into multiple parts which makes it easy to clean. Get something stuck in the tube of the Source and you can do nothing about it.

The mouthpiece had no stop valve and it leaked regularly when any weight was put on it (as happened when bergens were piled into the back of trucks) (I think they may have fixed this issue).

A small thing but my Camelbak came with its own thermobak holder which allowed it to strap easily onto the issue bergen or daysack. It could also be used on its own - Source didn't have such a thing when I was buying one.

Now this was just my experience and my preferences, someone else may have a different experience and Source may have fixed these problems but just my preference.
    Yes the tube is too short but you could now (from what I can see in picturs and videos) attach the tube off the camelbak to it.

Source breaks down into its parts now, the top can be opned to fit your hand into it to clean it out if needed.

If you change the tube to a camelbak one you won't have a problem here.

The come with their holders now, they are quite good and isulated, so it always keeps the water nice and cool.

Leave a comment:

• Docman
    Closed Account

• Docman
    replied
    Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
    What was wrong with your SOURCE bladder?

Leave a comment:

• spaceghetti
    Sergeant Major

• spaceghetti
    replied
    I am just looking for the bladder, not any backpacks etc. for it. Had a source - was not impressed with it - several issues with it that I have yet to see rectified by newer versions. My Camelbak had no such issues and will be sorely missed.
    What was wrong with your SOURCE bladder?

Leave a comment:

• spaceghetti
    Sergeant Major

• spaceghetti
    replied
    Originally posted by Buck View Post
    How come source can sell that in "Irish Woodland" when the likes of protac and other shops can't
    Well i'm sure SOURCE used to actually supply them to outdoor and army surplus shops in Dublin.

So it isn't about any shop not able to sell them.

I guess Protac just aren't able to make them.

Leave a comment:

• concussion
    Gunner

• concussion
    replied
    Originally posted by paul View Post
    Also the superglue would dissolve the material the pouch is made out of.
    My CamelBak is still holding strong despite having superglue applied 3 years ago. Granted it may adversely affect some types of bladder polymers, which is why I suggested that Docman try it as a last-ditch repair.

Leave a comment:

• Buck
    Lt Colonel

• Buck
    replied
    How come source can sell that in "Irish Woodland" when the likes of protac and other shops can't

Leave a comment:

• Docman
    Closed Account

• Docman
    replied
    I am just looking for the bladder, not any backpacks etc. for it. Had a source - was not impressed with it - several issues with it that I have yet to see rectified by newer versions. My Camelbak had no such issues and will be sorely missed.

Leave a comment:

• paul
    Sargent Major

• paul
    replied
    Yeah i don't know the actual model so i just picked that one because they all look the same

Where'd you get it? I've been trying to get my hands on one.
    I got it from ICOA which no longer exists and I got it about 5 years ago now.

Leave a comment:

• ZULU
    Teuton Foot Soldier

• ZULU
    replied
    Close but no cigar, this is the actual one. Cost me €95 when I got it, but its worth its weight in gold!
    http://www.source-military.com/p-hyd...actical3l.html

I also have one of them backpacks, don't think much of it, so I never use it.
    €95 for a water holding device?? What?

Leave a comment:

• spaceghetti
    Sergeant Major

• spaceghetti
    replied
    Close but no cigar, this is the actual one. Cost me €95 when I got it, but its worth its weight in gold!

Yeah i don't know the actual model so i just picked that one because they all look the same

Where'd you get it? I've been trying to get my hands on one.

Leave a comment:

• paul
    Sargent Major

• paul
    replied
    SOURCE also used to make versions of this in Irish DPM:
    http://www.source-military.com/p-hyd...acks-usv2.html

But they're out of stock at the moment. I've seen one of them before while on a course, you can attach them to the top of the bergen via those 4 loops, which seems handy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X