X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESS ICE Glasses.

Does anyone know where I could buy a set of these:

ESS ICE 2.4

and not get ripped off on price or on shipping. Has anyone here used them before, and if so, what do you think of them?
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

I have them, on my second pair, bought them through F. Molloy, who used to sell them(and ESS Goggles) in the IMO store. Does the link at the bottom of this page still work? Cant access it at this pc. I wear them every day driving the motorbike, in all weathers, and have the other pair in the car for bright low sun. Took a 80km/h impact in the face with a bat(winged nocturnal type) while on motorcycle wearing them. Bat disintegrated, i thought i had just hit a large moth....
    Large insect strikes at dusk are an occupational hazard on motorcycles, and I have had many impacts, but no loss of vision.
    I could not recommend them highly enough. Very scratch resistant, once you clean them with the cloth provided.
    The only problem, if there is one, is that they tend to slip down your nose if you have worked up a sweat.......................................

But thats a whole other story.

Great specs.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Lovely stuff. Just what I was hoping for. Thanks for that.

That link 404s sadly.

Comment

Has anyone else used these glasses before?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Edmund Blackadder View Post
          Has anyone else used these glasses before?
          Yes, best thing I've ever got, but if you have a narrow head they do look funny on you, you might have to go narrower set they sell. Also if your going to be changing the lenses a lot I'd recommended getting another frame set, it just gets annoying after awhile.
          Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

Yeah I use them for shooting no complaints

Comment

REVISION SAWFLY are pretty good too.. They won a contract to supply the BA and the Canadian Forces. It comes with 3 lens. black/clear and yellow tint.

Comment

Team Alpha offers tactical gear for Military, law enforcement professionals and outdoor enthusiasts in Ireland. Explore our range of high-quality products, including tactical clothing, footwear, and professional equipment. Top brands include - Mystery Ranch , Carinthia , WileyX , Streamlight, ASP and more.

Team Alpha are the retail arm of Daniel Technologies.

Comment

Now on limited issue to those who complete the CIED instructor course.Supposed to be going on issue to troops going overseas.
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Am thinking of getting a set of these for tactics use, I wear glasses day to day and dont like wearing my good glasses out on the ground, I used contacts before but am not keen on wearing them for more than 24 hrs plus if anythint gets in your eye you.dont want to go poking around with manky hands, Plus for use in forests they would be handy. What do people think? Id have to get the perscription inserts aswell

Cw
                    Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

They're decent alright, have no experience of the inserts though so can't comment on them.
                      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by paul
                        There goes the repairs on the patrols for the next two years
                        I meant to ask you what exactly you mean by that but forgot.
                        What do you mean exactly??
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by paul
                          Anything that can be cut has been cut from the DF, they basically have no money
                          One would hope that if spending has to be prioritised then Force protection and the Health ,safety and welfare of the troops would come first.
                          Shouldn't it?

Comment

Not a good one mate but perhaps i am too sensitive when it comes to issues like that.

Comment

I see the ESS Flyby being tested in the most Recent An Cosantoir. Anyone know a source for these? My ICE are due an upgrade.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X