Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real Jack
    replied
    They were either out if them in the stores at the time(about a month ago) or RDF now only get the thick ones.

Leave a comment:

• Duffman
    replied
    I was issued a pair of summer / tropical socks in 2012? Are they deffo off the scale?

Leave a comment:

• The real Jack
    replied
    Anyone found socks that are similar to the summer/liberia socks that used to be on issue? I've bought a few pairs of bridgedales(woolfusion trekker I think) and one pair of thousand mile socks but I'd much rather something like the summer/liberia socks.

Leave a comment:

• Bayern Fan
    replied
    I use 1000 mile socks for running and wacky sox when wearing boots

http://www.elverys.ie/irishrugbyshop...Sox/0000001273

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    replied
    Still using the Sealskinz for mountain walking, no probs and very warm indeed.

Leave a comment:

• morpheus
    replied
    interesting, i work around the corner from great outdoors, might see if they have them.

planning on getting the lowa gtx boots too sometime soon. love the army pro (on sale in great outdoors) but theyre still way too exp for me :(

Leave a comment:

• GoneToTheCanner
    replied
    Hi all,
    Here we are in November and the Meindl socks are first-rate. Great comfort in work boots. incidentally, I have been issued with an Italian-made "Cofra" brand ankle boot and they are excellent.

regards
    GttC

Leave a comment:

• GoneToTheCanner
    replied
    Hi all
    i bought Meindl socks in Protac today. Eu15 a pop. Any opinions on them?

regards
    GttC

Leave a comment:

• Duffman
    replied
    Originally posted by apod View Post
    Lowa Combat GTX's(if your budget allows).They are the dogs gonads.Great field boot.
    +1 on the Lowas amazing boot, never had a problem with them and they feel sturdy enough to kick down a mountain!

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    See if your CQ will replace them for you.Failing that i would advise picking up a set of Lowa Combat GTX's(if your budget allows).They are the dogs gonads.Great field boot.
    I would also advise if you do go out and spend your own shekels to buy a field boots that you TRY to wear your issue Light Op boots around Bks.If only to preserve the sole on your new boots for the ground.
    (Thats the whole idea of Bk boots in the first place)

Leave a comment:

• Celtic-Warrior
    replied
    Using Haix at the minute but there is a split coming between sole and boot on one foot so not sure how long they will last! Am using them as barrack boot and tactics boot as i hate the magnums!

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    when.on the assessments i got the boots soaked
    Forgot to ask.What boots are you using?

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    Feet get wet.Wait till you get to Patrol harbour/base.
    Change socks one foot at a time(IE only one boo/sock is off at any one time in case you get bumped).
    Wet sock off.Dry &Powder foot.Sealskin sock on,wet boot back on.
    Repeat for other foot.
    Wring out wet socks as much as is humanly possible.Hang damp socks down inside front of trousers by looping top of socks between waist belt and trouser top.Helps to dry them.
    Going back out on patrol?
    Sealskinz off and back into ziploc bag(they will now be wet on outside remember so make sure wet side out in the bag).Bag goes back into Bergen.
    Damp socks back on.Keep repeating process until socks dry.
    Points to note!
    1/ Don't sleep in damp socks.Dry ones on if TACSIT allows boots off in dossbag. Skinz on inside damp boots otherwise.(sandbag over each boot to keep dossbag clean)
    2/Dry out your wet socks in manner described whilst in dossbag.
    3/Another way to dry out boots is to keep rotating dry socks until boots dry.problem is you need to carry loads of dry socks to do this and you then end up with loads of wet socks.Not good if out for a long time in the field.
    Last edited by apod; 22 January 2012, 21:12.

Leave a comment:

• Come-quickly
    replied
    Not sure about Sealskinz but with the old style goretex/socks/ bootees you'll do murderous things to your feet walking in them for more than a short hop around the perimter/to the latrines.

Leave a comment:

• Celtic-Warrior
    replied
    I normally just use everyday black sport socks but when.on the assessments i got the boots soaked so im now looking unto a couple of pairs of different types, I was thinking a decent pair of bridgedale/ 100cmile socks until the feet get wet then switching to the the sealskins at the earliest opportunity until the boots dry then putting on trekking socks thus keeping feet reasonably dry? What do ye think would this type of routine work?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X