No announcement yet.

Single boot concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Lightweight operational (barracks) boot... per Apod, it's gonna be Haix Black Eagle - colour TBC. But I wonder is it finalised it's gonna be a MID height version (per links I posted previously)?

Just that I've spotted that the HIGH version (similar height to existing bks boot) is up on the Brix Workwear site

Very smart looking boot in fairness, but again, practicalities of the colour...
    Last edited by Truck Driver; 15 July 2021, 11:08.
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• The side walls on both my issue Haix Tibets are giving way. Also noted that the sole is starting to detach on one of them. To be fair, I've had them since 2009. Obviously not as much usage as our footslogger bretheren, but still.

1. Can they be resoled or not?

2. If not, would the Q staff blitz off the last of the stock with a replacement pair? Am quite fond of these boots, well broken in, comfy to wear (except in the current heat!)
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• The side walls on both my issue Haix Tibets are giving way. Also noted that the sole is starting to detach on one of them. To be fair, I've had them since 2009. Obviously not as much usage as our footslogger bretheren, but still.
        1. Can they be resoled or not?
        A two second search threw this up. http://www.haixbootrepairs.co.uk/

2. If not, would the Q staff blitz off the last of the stock with a replacement pair? Am quite fond of these boots, well broken in, comfy to wear (except in the current heat!)
        Why bother? In another few months black boots will start to die out with the advent of the new Brown Barracks boots. Unless you fit the (very restrictive) criteria for issue of Operational boots to RDF then you probably wont be eligible to get a new pair and even if you did the chances are they would be the newer scouts as stocks of the older boots are nearly depleted. Even PDF Recruits are being issued them now.

Brown is the new black. Plenty of good alternatives to the old Haix OPS boots on the commercial market these days. Also AFAIK the New Bks Boot will be Goretex lined.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
          A two second search threw this up. http://www.haixbootrepairs.co.uk/
          I did do a Google and I did see that website, but was unsure whether they just replace the tread of the boot, or the Vibram upper (spongy part) also?

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post

I did do a Google and I did see that website, but was unsure whether they just replace the tread of the boot, or the Vibram upper (spongy part) also?
            Email or call them.I am sure they will be only glad to tell you.
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Working...
            X