Single boot concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
    ... anyway, back to the topic. Said before and will again... not sure why the DF didn't go for a brown leather Goretex lined boot. Am thinking that the Scouts might not be a long term boot in the DF inventory myself
    See the bundeswer solution.

1 X Scout
    2 X Commander

Per soldier.

The Danes also do a winter and summer boot.

Comment

• Originally posted by northie View Post

See the bundeswer solution.

1 X Scout
      2 X Commander

Per soldier.

The Danes also do a winter and summer boot.
      Yep, per Apod's previous post, that was never gonna be a runner on cost grounds, I guess
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Issued the new boot. Very comfy. Lighter than the Scouts . Mid brown colour. Non goretex .(I know,my bad.Bad Info before) Fairly low boot. Just above ankle.So wouldn't advise AR personnel to use them "on the ground".
        Best thing. They come with a care and cleaning guide which is also applicable to the Scouts. 'Bout time.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Working...
        X