Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by apod View Post

Still waiting. Time for an outing!
    I'd be worried I'd get stitches for snitching!!!

(Fixed that for ya!)
    Last edited by apod; 13 June 2022, 12:45.
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• All of that aside though folks. Personally I am not 100% sold on the new Barrack/Light OP boot. That lace pocket on the front of the tongue is an absolute nause as the velcro on it catches in the cuff of your trousers when bloused and pulls open. Also the boots are prone to scuffs which are not easy to conceal seeing as you can't use polish on the boots. If the boots had been maybe an inch to inch and a half taller they might have been better but I understand the logic why not.
      Last edited by apod; 13 September 2022, 11:06.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

All of that aside though folks. Personally I am not 100% sold on the new Barrack/Light OP boot. That lace pocket on the front of the tongue is an absolute nause as the velcro on catches in the cuff of your trousers when bloused and pulls open. Also the boots are prone to scuffs which are not way to conceal seeing as you can't use polish on the boots. If the boots had been maybe an inch to inch and a half taller they might have been better but I understand the logic why not.
        Anyone know what the exact colour shade of the new Black Eagle boots is? Just that when I called around, my brother-in-law was wearing a pair he'd bought from Brix Workwear. They were listed as "Mid/Brown", but were- as far as I can make out anyway - a darker shade of brown to the issue boots
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post

Anyone know what the exact colour shade of the new Black Eagle boots is? Just that when I called around, my brother-in-law was wearing a pair he'd bought from Brix Workwear. They were listed as "Mid/Brown", but were- as far as I can make out anyway - a darker shade of brown to the issue boots
          "Mid" refers to the height of the boots. In the Black eagle range you have three different variants of the boot. Low, a trainer height, Mid, an an ankle height. And finally, high,a more traditional high leg boot.

The off the shelf boots are the same colour as the issue version the only difference being the DF version is bespoke with no GTX liner.
          Last edited by apod; 2 July 2022, 16:51.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

"Mid" refers to the height of the boots. In the Black eagle range you have three different variants of the boot. Low, a trainer height, Mid, an an ankle height. And finally, high,a more traditional high leg boot.

The off the shelf boots are the same colour as the issue version the only difference being the DF version is bespoke with no GTX liner.
            Cheers.... yeh, the "mid" I understood alright. The shade of these boots my brother in law got were definitely darker than the issue ones, and they are GTX
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• I wear low GTX (Lowa) all year round for day-to-day and find them incredible.
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Cheers.... yeh, the "mid" I understood alright. The shade of these boots my brother in law got were definitely darker than the issue ones, and they are GTX
                Private purchase? Is it possible he used a product on them that darkened them?

Comment

• so what came out of dfccc then ( all agog for the latest )
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• No minutes up yet

Comment

Private purchase? Is it possible he used a product on them that darkened them?
                      Yep, bought from Brix Workwear, and no, that's the way they came out of the box

Comment

Yep, bought from Brix Workwear, and no, that's the way they came out of the box
                        Then I would say it's one of two likelihoods.

Haix have decided to eliminate having two different colours for the Scouts(standard and and Bundeswehr) or one of the Bundeswehr variants made it through QC for the normal boots.

Either way he is onto a winner. The BW model is darker and hides scuffs easier.

Comment

Then I would say it's one of two likelihoods.

Haix have decided to eliminate having two different colours for the Scouts(standard and and Bundeswehr) or one of the Bundeswehr variants made it through QC for the normal boots.

Either way he is onto a winner. The BW model is darker and hides scuffs easier.
                          Just to clarify, these are Black Eagle, not Scout boots

Comment

Just to clarify, these are Black Eagle, not Scout boots
                            My bad. should have re-read your original post. Any chance of a comparison photo?

Comment

My bad. should have re-read your original post. Any chance of a comparison photo?
                              If I'm out his way again, I'll get a pic

Comment

Pics of the abovementioned boots attached...

Comment

Working...
                                X