X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
    I got one as well in 2008 one of the best bits of kit I ever got

only beaten by original pattern 90s kitbag
    I asked Mr Protac had he ever considered doing said kit bag in DPM. This after seeing black versions with the Garda badge on them in the shop (fulfilment of an order from same). Of course since then, looks like the DF finally has another bulletproof kit bag on issue
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• New kitbag is good.....
      Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

• Brown Light Op boots being looked at now. The ridiculous single boot concept is dead.Thank god.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• The Youtube algorithm just threw this up for me. It seemed appropriate (it's even the Irish Guards)

'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
          'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
          Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
          He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
          http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
            Brown Light Op boots being looked at now. The ridiculous single boot concept is dead. Thank god.
            It was being allegedly being looked at prior to covid. The funds allocated for the project apparently vanished into PPE.

Comment

• Originally posted by spider pig View Post
              New kitbag is good.....
              Pfft..... First time I swung mine up onto my back using the shoulder straps and it was launched accross the terminal concourse.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Wiggles;485937]Pfft..... First time I swung mine up onto my back using the shoulder straps and it was launched accross the terminal concourse.[/QUOTE

Beware of Back Packers Palsy.
                Last edited by sofa; 11 March 2021, 22:29.

Comment

• Overloaded?? Sound like. It is rated to take a certain weight before the straps start ripping. (On the tag inside)
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Article on the Haix scouts in this months Cosantoir. Bit of background on why they were issued but the rest is a copy and paste off the Haix website.Still no info about how to maintain them except to say they shouldn't be polished.

Really?? is this the best we can do?

Comment

Article on the Haix scouts in this months Cosantoir. Bit of background on why they were issued but the rest is a copy and paste off the Haix website.Still no info about how to maintain them except to say they shouldn't be polished.

Really?? is this the best we can do?
                      Not the first time we got boots that we were told not to polish, which someone later told us had to be polished..
                      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                        Not the first time we got boots that we were told not to polish, which someone later told us had to be polished..
                        Could be worse. Someone might have decided to whitewash them!!
                        'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                        'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                        Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                        He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                        http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Overloaded?? Sound like. It is rated to take a certain weight before the straps start ripping. (On the tag inside)
                          Nah definitely not, was heading on leave, only had a few pairs of jocks in it

Comment

• Must have been defective or you overloaded it before and weakened it.To be fair they are bombproof. Your's is the first complaint I have heard about.

Comment

Must have been defective or you overloaded it before and weakened it.To be fair they are bombproof. Your's is the first complaint I have heard about.
                              Could be, what's known in the motor trade as a "monday morning job".
                              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Must have been defective or you overloaded it before and weakened it.To be fair they are bombproof. Your's is the first complaint I have heard about.
                                First time I'd used those "backpack" straps so definitely hadn't weakened them.

On the whole they are a solid hold all, but those back pack straps are definitely a weak point, know a good few lads with them gone ..... I think there's been a couple of runs of them? Perhaps they penny pinched on the final version

Comment

Working...
                                X