No announcement yet.

Single boot concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to boots... these ain't the issue Scouts?

Sergeant Joey Howe - Happy Mother’s Day to my beautiful mother Bernie Howe in Dublin, sorry I am not home to spend the day with you have a wonderful day. Also, I like to say hi to my beautiful wife Julita lots of love Joey xxxx

There's a Captain in another photo wearing them
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
      Back to boots... these ain't the issue Scouts?

Sergeant Joey Howe - Happy Mother’s Day to my beautiful mother Bernie Howe in Dublin, sorry I am not home to spend the day with you have a wonderful day. Also, I like to say hi to my beautiful wife Julita lots of love Joey xxxx

Boots is 1 part of the uniform that provided they look okay, no one really cares about what you wear, parades etc excepted.

There will be the odd RSM that gets all hot and bothered but that usually means they are under employed and have little else to occupy themselves

Comment

Nope. Private purchase.Probably bought them in one of the PX's out there.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantasia View Post

Boots is 1 part of the uniform that provided they look okay, no one really cares about what you wear, parades etc excepted.

There will be the odd RSM that gets all hot and bothered but that usually means they are under employed and have little else to occupy themselves
          Yeah. I would tend to agree up to a point.Not many people would pull you before as long as they were black and polished. The snag is now we have two different colours of boot.No definitive instruction DF wide on when each is to be worn and whats worse theirs one pair no one knows how to maintain !
          Last edited by apod; 13 March 2021, 20:51.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

There's a PX in the base in Lebanon that sells Haix and Lowa boots. It's normal that some people will acquire their own boots from there once its within the parameters that the BN Cmdr in conjunction with the RSM has agreed. For formal events such as memorial services and parades everyone will be wearing issue.

Comment

• I hear reports that Brown Boots are becoming day to day wear in some barracks at this point, no black boots to be seen, unless or until the RDF are in or on Parade!
              What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• unless or until the RDF are in or on Parade!
                No bar on the RDF wearing them
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• As long as said member of the RDF has either 1) Acquired a pair through DF contacts or 2) Purchased a pair at personal expense
                  What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• No Bar on AR wearing Barracks Jackets either except they are not on the AR issue scale.

Once all the Black OPS Boots are issued out and all that is left is brown then Cadets,Recruits and AR will be issued the Scouts as required and as per L3.

On another note.My unit is now wearing the Scouts for everything instead of just Operational/Duties/Training. A bad idea IMHO. If they had continued to be worn purely for those taks then at least you had a clean presentable pair of Black Boots to change into for Bks wear.Now we are limited to wearing a single boot for all occasions.With no instructions how or means to maintain them.Not good if you are Exercise Troops Monday to Friday wearing them and on Duty back in Bks on the Saturday.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/essexacf/status/...445272065?s=21

next cost saving idea

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                        You DO know what date it is yeah??

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post

You DO know what date it is yeah??
                          Well aware

Comment

With no instructions how or means to maintain them.
                            Grown men and women should be capable of googling "how to care for goretex nubuck and boots"

Should a leaflet and a bottle of nubuck condition have been included? Yes, ideally, but it wasn't done and it doesn't excuse the state of some of the footwear i've seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by northie View Post

Grown men and women should be capable of googling "how to care for goretex nubuck and boots"

Should a leaflet and a bottle of nubuck condition have been included? Yes, ideally, but it wasn't done and it doesn't excuse the state of some of the footwear i've seen.
                              Bollocks.We are setting people up to fail. When you roll out a new piece of kit the MINIMUM you should do is inform your people how to look after it.You know.Like most other professional Military Organisations do.

Most young lads/lasses have zero interest or inclination to spend their down time looking up how to do something their employer SHOULD have informed them about. No point in the headshed being pissed about the state of soldiers kit if they were never told or shown how to look after it.

I mean seriously.Exactly HOW difficult is it to ask the manufacturer to include a leaflet in the box?Costs nothing FFS

Comment

Bollocks.We are setting people up to fail. When you roll out a new piece of kit the MINIMUM you should do is inform your people how to look after it.You know.Like most other professional Military Organisations do.

Most young lads/lasses have zero interest or inclination to spend their down time looking up how to do something their employer SHOULD have informed them about. No point in the headshed being pissed about the state of soldiers kit if they were never told or shown how to look after it.

I mean seriously.Exactly HOW difficult is it to ask the manufacturer to include a leaflet in the box?Costs nothing FFS
                                Every pair of "Work Boot" I have had (as well as any PPE I was required to wear) came with an instruction leaflet explaining what its protection (weather/safety) and how to care for them, so I am surprised that its not in there as standard, so either someone asked for them to be removed, or it was a screw up at the Factory?
                                It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
                                It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
                                It was a new age...It was the end of history.
                                It was the year everything changed.

Comment

Working...
                                X