Single boot concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by apod View Post

Bollocks.We are setting people up to fail. When you roll out a new piece of kit the MINIMUM you should do is inform your people how to look after it.You know.Like most other professional Military Organisations do.

Most young lads/lasses have zero interest or inclination to spend their down time looking up how to do something their employer SHOULD have informed them about. No point in the headshed being pissed about the state of soldiers kit if they were never told or shown how to look after it.

I mean seriously.Exactly HOW difficult is it to ask the manufacturer to include a leaflet in the box?Costs nothing FFS
    Absolutely. At the end of the day, boots are part of a soldier's PPE, after all.
    Basic requirement under H&S legislation how to properly car for your PPE
    You don't leave a respirator on a dusty shelf, unbagged, in direct sunlight, for instance
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• We got a leaflet alright.A generic one stating the various properties of the boots with regards to oil resistance etc etc. Two pages of it. And ONE line to say "Haix care products should be used". That's it.Nothing else.
      Not WHICH products should be used.You know.Basics.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• apod, have you used this stuff on the new Haix? https://www.haix.co.uk/haix-shoe-car...e-leather-75ml
        What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post
          apod, have you used this stuff on the new Haix? https://www.haix.co.uk/haix-shoe-car...e-leather-75ml
          Yes.Cost me a bit too.

This is what SHOULD have been supplied with the boots. I had enough interest to go a find out what was recommended.But I am old school kit freak. Must young soldiers will just go for whatever is easiest to get in the shoe shop.NOT go to great lengths to order stuff specially. Boots are being thrashed and its no ones fault except the DF.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

apod, have you used this stuff on the new Haix? https://www.haix.co.uk/haix-shoe-car...e-leather-75ml
            Nikwax Fabric and Leather Proof. Available from all good outdoor retailers and can be applied whilst the boot is wet.

Comment

Yes.Cost me a bit too.

This is what SHOULD have been supplied with the boots. I had enough interest to go a find out what was recommended.But I am old school kit freak. Must young soldiers will just go for whatever is easiest to get in the shoe shop.NOT go to great lengths to order stuff specially. Boots are being thrashed and its no ones fault except the DF.
              Not even a certain Irish shop carried the Haix stuff for the black boots

Comment

• FYI, Brix will no longer sell the issue Scout to members of the public. If you enquire, you'll be directed to the Scout 2.0 I've been advised by a member of my unit.

Comment

FYI, Brix will no longer sell the issue Scout to members of the public. If you enquire, you'll be directed to the Scout 2.0 I've been advised by a member of my unit.
                  No. Haix are just not making the original Scouts anymore except for Government Contracts. So if you want a pair of the originals and you come across them online snap them up.

Comment

• Haix Black Eagle(Coyote) being trialled/considered as new Boots Barrack/Light Operational.

Comment

Haix Black Eagle(Coyote) being trialled/considered as new Boots Barrack/Light Operational.
                      Am wondering why they don't just go for a brown version of the existing Boot, Lightweight Operational?
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• A/ I don't think they make them anymore
                        B/ Haix have the current contract.This purchase is an amendment to that contract not a whole new one. Remember when they placed the initial order "Single boot concept" still seemed like a good idea.

Comment

• Fantastic, so we'll essentially have two summer boots. Couldn't make that up

Comment

• Upper Material Nubuk leather/textile combination. Inner Lining GORE-TEX® Extended; 3-layer GORE-TEX® laminate, waterproof and highly breathable. Abrasion-resistant lining with optimized clim...

Boot spec there. Gore-Tex too...

Comment

Lightweight Operational (Barracks) Boot?? Look a bit heavy duty for that....

Comment

• There is a non gore version out there too. I can't see them forking out for a second pair of GTX boots for each of us and why would we need them? The hint is in the name after all as to their intended use.GTX boots for eveyday use is a bit OTT ,

AS for the Black Eagle. My biggest gripe with the proposed boot is that the colour is too light(coyote not brown) and will be too hard to maintain.

Comment

Working...
                                X