Single boot concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by apod View Post

Future proofing so the boots better match the new pattern camo when it comes on stream. Black looks stupid with Multicam.
    Not what I asked, read it again. Army boots were brown up until the 60s, then they went black. Why?
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Mea Culpa. Read it backwards. NATO standardisation at the time perhaps? Cheaper to produce??
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• New "Operational Boot, Light" now with Brigade clothing stores. Issues to units to follow.

Comment

• Bulk issue to us regulars but same for AR or FWT??

A9 still needs an update to allow their wear also. Thought they would have killed two birds with the one stone and tagged that on with the recent update RE the subdued badges.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Bulk issue to us regulars but same for AR or FWT??

No reason why not bulk issue to AR given numbers currently so low! But then again.....
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image_8524.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	302.1 KB
ID:	729581These are Nubuck not Suede, Mid brown not Coyote. Looks like the IKON got it wrong. I.m glad this colour will be easier to maintain.

Comment

Bulk issue to us regulars but same for AR or FWT??

A9 still needs an update to allow their wear also. Thought they would have killed two birds with the one stone and tagged that on with the recent update RE the subdued badges.
                Apparently being released along with belts.

Comment

• Originally posted by northie View Post

Apparently being released along with belts.
                  Apparently not 'till after Christmas now.(Usual OSP BS. Closed for "Stocktaking for two months")

New gloves being rolled out too along with the above?? Most importantly. Rollout the bloody Bottles of Boot cleaner!!! (now that black boots are going the way of the dodo how about they take the money they spent on the polich kit and buy us all Nubuck/suede brush instead?? You need one of them along with the cleaning solution to maintain the Scouts anyway)

Comment

• now is a good time to ask for Xmas presents
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Got new boots with the bottle for maintenance. Comfy boot for day to day wear. Winner in my opinion….. op boot is still garbage. So we’re winning 50% of the calls
                      Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

• Originally posted by spider pig View Post
                        Got new boots with the bottle for maintenance. Comfy boot for day to day wear. Winner in my opinion….. op boot is still garbage. So we’re winning 50% of the calls
                        Thought the issue was stalled 'till after Christmas?

Anyway. Can you confirm the colour? Coyote brown or not? Goretex or not? (BQ told me recently they were not)
                        Last edited by apod; 10 December 2021, 05:52.

Comment

• is A9 updated for new barrack boot yet ?

Also given a bunch of folks me included used to buy our own Meindls and so on I may end up buying a couple of pairs of scouts just to have a parade set
                          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                            I may end up buying a couple of pairs of scouts just to have a parade set
                            The issue Scout 1 cannot be purchased anymore. Just Scout 2's going forward.

What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• is A9 updated for new barrack boot yet ?
                              Not yet. Gonna be a funny situation though when it is if they don't include the AR in the bulk rollout. If issue of the new Bks boot is on FWT for the AR then you are going to have a situation where both the old and new Bks boot will have to be authorised in A9 until all the AR have the new ones. You cant ban the AR from wearing the old boots until they have ht new ones.By leaving the old Bks boot in A9 then you are leaving it up to abuse by lazy f***ers in the PDF who can't be arsed to wear the new boots.

Also given a bunch of folks me included used to buy our own Meindls and so on I may end up buying a couple of pairs of scouts just to have a parade set
                              Waste of time and Here's why.They are not a Parade or Bks boot.The Scouts are actually the Operational boot. By rights no unit was supposed to wear them around Bks. Some units enforced this. Most didn't. Hence the situation we will find ourselves in soon where troops will be told "You can't wear THOSE Brown Haix in Bks anymore but you can wear THESE ones!!" Typical Army Charlie Fox.

So in short Trell. Unless you do a course with a 72Hr TACEX on the Syllabus in the AR you won't be issued the Scouts. You WILL be issued the Black Eagle Bks boot but that's gonna be no good for "on the ground" .So maybe a purchase of a pair of Scouts for field use might be an idea if you wanted to? Of course you could continue to wear your old black Haix (if issued)in the field as they are still authorised (at this time),just not issued anymore.
                              Last edited by apod; 11 December 2021, 10:36.

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post

The issue Scout 1 cannot be purchased anymore. Just Scout 2's going forward.
                                Yeah but if you look online you can get the Bundeswehr issue version.Same design as the issue Scouts but a darker colour. Which IMHO is the colour boot we should have purchased for issue as they are easier to maintain.

Comment

Working...
                                X