Single boot concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post

Pics of the abovementioned boots attached...
    These photos make the brown look a shade lighter than reality, actually
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Pics of the abovementioned boots attached...
      Looking at the photos I think I can see the issue.
      Upper Material Nubuk leather/textile combination. Inner Lining GORE-TEX® Extended; 3-layer GORE-TEX® laminate, waterproof and highly breathable. Abrasion-resistant lining with optimized clim...

These are the issue boots(minus the GTX lining).Which as far as I can tell are the boots at the top of the photo.

The boots in the lower half of the picture clearly have a GTX label on the Heel and the cordura is a lighter colour. The General issue boots don't have this label and are darker. BUT......................... A "certain DF Unit" does get issued this variant for Overseas. Which is this model. https://www.haix.co.uk/haix-black-ea...-gtx-mid-coyte I know this version was trialled for General issue and at one stage was mooted as the new Barracks boot. Thankfully they went with the darker version.

So. Unless your brother in law is a member of that "certain DF Unit" or trialled that variant than he could only have been issued them as a favour from someone in OCES. Also Brix don't not sell the exact model the DF use(non GTX) .Only the GTX variant.

"Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post

Looking at the photos I think I can see the issue.
        Upper Material Nubuk leather/textile combination. Inner Lining GORE-TEX® Extended; 3-layer GORE-TEX® laminate, waterproof and highly breathable. Abrasion-resistant lining with optimized clim...

These are the issue boots(minus the GTX lining).Which as far as I can tell are the boots at the top of the photo.

The boots in the lower half of the picture clearly have a GTX label on the Heel and the cordura is a lighter colour. The General issue boots don't have this label and are darker. BUT......................... A "certain DF Unit" does get issued this variant for Overseas. Which is this model. https://www.haix.co.uk/haix-black-ea...-gtx-mid-coyte I know this version was trialled for General issue and at one stage was mooted as the new Barracks boot. Thankfully they went with the darker version.

So. Unless your brother in law is a member of that "certain DF Unit" or trialled that variant than he could only have been issued them as a favour from someone in OCES. Also Brix don't not sell the exact model the DF use(non GTX) .Only the GTX variant.
        The boots - although the photos I posted may not reflect this - are a darker shade of brown (unless my eyesight was deceiving me when I looked at them)
        than the product from the Haix UK website (per your first link above)

They are defintely not coyote brown (per the second link)and he definitely did not get them "as a favour from OCES", and is definitely not a member of "that certain DF unit",
        although he is in State employment.

He bought them off the shelf in person at Brix Workwear in Monaghan
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Sorry. Nor calling you a liar or anything like that but this doesn't add up. The Picture above shows the issue boot at the top of the photo. It is clearly darker than the lower boot (with GTX tag). The top boot is brown.The bottom one is more of a tan colour and the cordura in between the nubuck is 100% lighter.

Unless he still has the box for both boots and they both say the same model type on them(in which case someone F***ed up) then the lower boots are the Coyote version.

Incidentally a PIN just went up on Etenders for a proposed DF boot purchase sometime over the next 12 Months.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Sorry. Nor calling you a liar or anything like that but this doesn't add up. The Picture above shows the issue boot at the top of the photo. It is clearly darker than the lower boot (with GTX tag). The top boot is brown.The bottom one is more of a tan colour and the cordura in between the nubuck is 100% lighter.

Unless he still has the box for both boots and they both say the same model type on them(in which case someone F***ed up) then the lower boots are the Coyote version.

Incidentally a PIN just went up on Etenders for a proposed DF boot purchase sometime over the next 12 Months.
            Am considering a purchase (well the company will be ), so will put another photo up if i et them

Comment

Am considering a purchase (well the company will be ), so will put another photo up if i et them
              Why bother? The plan is to roll them out to the AR soon enough.A better investment would be a decent pair of brown Operational boots unless you know you will be issued a pair of those too.

Comment

Sorry. Nor calling you a liar or anything like that but this doesn't add up. The Picture above shows the issue boot at the top of the photo. It is clearly darker than the lower boot (with GTX tag). The top boot is brown.The bottom one is more of a tan colour and the cordura in between the nubuck is 100% lighter.

There's a sage version issued to air corps flight crew as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by northie View Post

There's a sage version issued to air corps flight crew as well.
                  Yup. Knew that.

Comment

• Folks was looking back through the start of this thread earlier. What happened after regarding selection of a safety boot (Tpt fitters, Arty, Engineers etc)?
                    Last edited by Truck Driver; 4 August 2022, 20:02.

Comment

Folks was looking back through the start of this thread earlier. What happened after regarding selection of a safety boot (Tpt fitters, Arty, Engineers etc)?
                      I believe the Brown Haix Safety boot was bought in but hasn't not been issued to date to to large stocks of the existing Haix Safe toe boots. Up to recently Arty etc were still being issued black safe toe boots.

Comment

• Cancel my last. Plenty of Drop shorts wearing the new brown safety boots in Kilworth the other day. They looking gopping too. More like a civvy building site boot.
                        Last edited by apod; 29 October 2022, 18:08.

Comment

• The DF have a new RFT

Operational & service footwear:
                          Boot Operational (Brown) (Male / Female)
                          Boot Operational Safe Toe (Brown) Artillery (Male / Female)
                          Boot Flying (Sage) (Male / Female)
                          Boot Operational Safe Toe Flame Retardant (Black) Naval Service(Male / Female)
                          Boot Operational (Desert) ARW
                          Boot Service Dress (Black) Other Ranks (Male)
                          Boot Service Dress (Brown) Officers (Male)
                          Shoe Court Service Dress (Female)
                          Boot Operational Lightweight (Brown) (Male / Female)​

As part of tender they must provide 3 general stores operatives each to DFTC, Baldonnel and Haulbowline

so potentially new brown boots on the way

Comment

• Saw a pair of the darker Scouts being worn by an individual recently. Definitely the DF should have opted for this version. Also saw a pair of the sage coloured Haix Black Eagles on an airman. Not quite as weird looking in reality as they look in photos online

Comment

Saw a pair of the darker Scouts being worn by an individual recently. Definitely the DF should have opted for this version. Also saw a pair of the sage coloured Haix Black Eagles on an airman. Not quite as weird looking in reality as they look in photos online
                              Asked said individual where he got the a/m boots and was told he was issued with them. So looks like the darker version is coming onstream after all...

Comment

Asked said individual where he got the a/m boots and was told he was issued with them. So looks like the darker version is coming onstream after all...
                                It would make sense from two reasons.

1/ Ze Germans have that model of scout and the production line for them is already set up producing thousands of pairs. Cheaper for us to piggyback on that.

2/ The darker version would be easier to maintain. The current version is unforgiving in its ability to show stains etc

Comment

Working...
                                X