X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODIN
    replied
    Originally posted by apod View Post
    AS for the Black Eagle. My biggest gripe with the proposed boot is that the colour is too light(coyote not brown) and will be too hard to maintain.
    My only complaint with the Haix Scout, only really used while walking the dog and practicing rucks, they do get quite dirty. Suede brush works for most dirt, but some stuff is quite hard to clean off.

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    There is a non gore version out there too. I can't see them forking out for a second pair of GTX boots for each of us and why would we need them? The hint is in the name after all as to their intended use.GTX boots for eveyday use is a bit OTT ,

AS for the Black Eagle. My biggest gripe with the proposed boot is that the colour is too light(coyote not brown) and will be too hard to maintain.

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Originally posted by ODIN View Post
    Lightweight Operational (Barracks) Boot?? Look a bit heavy duty for that....

Leave a comment:

• ODIN
    replied
    https://www.haix.co.uk/haix-black-ea...-gtx-mid-brown

Boot spec there. Gore-Tex too...

Leave a comment:

• Wiggles
    replied
    Fantastic, so we'll essentially have two summer boots. Couldn't make that up

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    A/ I don't think they make them anymore
    B/ Haix have the current contract.This purchase is an amendment to that contract not a whole new one. Remember when they placed the initial order "Single boot concept" still seemed like a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Haix Black Eagle(Coyote) being trialled/considered as new Boots Barrack/Light Operational.
    Am wondering why they don't just go for a brown version of the existing Boot, Lightweight Operational?

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    Haix Black Eagle(Coyote) being trialled/considered as new Boots Barrack/Light Operational.

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    FYI, Brix will no longer sell the issue Scout to members of the public. If you enquire, you'll be directed to the Scout 2.0 I've been advised by a member of my unit.
    No. Haix are just not making the original Scouts anymore except for Government Contracts. So if you want a pair of the originals and you come across them online snap them up.

Leave a comment:

• ODIN
    replied
    FYI, Brix will no longer sell the issue Scout to members of the public. If you enquire, you'll be directed to the Scout 2.0 I've been advised by a member of my unit.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied

Yes.Cost me a bit too.

This is what SHOULD have been supplied with the boots. I had enough interest to go a find out what was recommended.But I am old school kit freak. Must young soldiers will just go for whatever is easiest to get in the shoe shop.NOT go to great lengths to order stuff specially. Boots are being thrashed and its no ones fault except the DF.
    Not even a certain Irish shop carried the Haix stuff for the black boots

Leave a comment:

• northie
    replied
    apod, have you used this stuff on the new Haix? https://www.haix.co.uk/haix-shoe-car...e-leather-75ml
    Nikwax Fabric and Leather Proof. Available from all good outdoor retailers and can be applied whilst the boot is wet.

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    apod, have you used this stuff on the new Haix? https://www.haix.co.uk/haix-shoe-car...e-leather-75ml
    Yes.Cost me a bit too.

This is what SHOULD have been supplied with the boots. I had enough interest to go a find out what was recommended.But I am old school kit freak. Must young soldiers will just go for whatever is easiest to get in the shoe shop.NOT go to great lengths to order stuff specially. Boots are being thrashed and its no ones fault except the DF.

Leave a comment:

• ODIN
    replied

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    We got a leaflet alright.A generic one stating the various properties of the boots with regards to oil resistance etc etc. Two pages of it. And ONE line to say "Haix care products should be used". That's it.Nothing else.
    Not WHICH products should be used.You know.Basics.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X