Multi Tool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all
    My Leatherman has had 7 yrs daily use in aircraft maintenance and is almost perfect. Almost. One very narrow screwdriver blade broke it's tip off but apart from that,it's great. Most of my colleagues use the standard Leatherman, some the Wave model, a few the Gerber and one guy has the Victorinox. One point: the small Leatherman is useless because the selected tool does not "lock" in place like the bigger one.Otherwise, no tradesman should be without one.
    Maglites are over-rated but the rechargeable one is good.
    regards
    GttC

Comment

Guess who picked up a Leatherman off a peruvian black market for 1/8th the UK price

Gerbers are good too though. Cant go wrong with either.

Me and my mate Ed (we both got them) went round for the entire day like.....mmmm, i'm going to have a beer, then i can open it with my NEW LEATHERMAN!!......Hang on, just going to trim my nails...with my NEW LEATHERMAN!!

Such a thrill :D

Yeah sad i know :P

Comment

Best Multi-tool

Anyone recommend a good one. Am thinking of either a black swisstool or a black SOG powerlock military.

Comment

i got a PRO-TEC multi tool for £9 in the bargain bin in woodies and its the best thing i ever bought. have it nearly 10 years now. Ive used it for everything from opening cans, cuttin wire, to installing a washing machine!!!
          Woo Hoo, finally moderated!!!!! In that select band of people who speak their mind instead of being sheep!

Comment

Hi there
            My old Leatherman finally bit the dust(broke a big blade and was rattly) and they replaced it free of charge, for a nice, handier L'man Core, which isn't all Premiership shiny or gadgety but 1st Division useful.
            I recently bought a Maglite 2-cell LED from Transair in the UK for E80 all-in and it's excellent.Batteries last at least six months.
            regards
            GttC

Comment

Leatherman Leatherman Leather man! I went gucci and got the Charge model. Worth every Penny as I've used it for everything (the thing comes wit screw head accessories etc). I dont see myself ever needing the 25 year guarantee but its nice to know its there!
              "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

sent off for the sog powerlock, I'm sure it can clamp a Corkis balls if they hsd any.

Comment

They don't remember the all ireland

Comment

i've swisstool, would be lost without the thing, have it four years now and it has stood the test of time!
                    The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

Is your swiss anodised black

Comment

I have both Leatherman & Swiss Army Multitool, after extensive use the leatherman comes out on top. Some tasks broke most pieces on the swiss but the most I had to do with the LM was a resharpen.
                        As always, too many christians and never enough lions.

Comment

Hesco used to have a game on their website - got a excellent multi-tool (non brand name) as a prize.

Comment

Is that HESCO the jeep engine site?

Comment

Hesco Bastion - http://www.hesco.com/ But the game seems to be gone now.

Comment

Ahh the Hesco's

If we had them in the Leb

I would never ever had to fill a poxy stupid gabion

with flint like rocks

just to make sure that there is loads of stuff flying around when

the lads with strange noses start shelling the camps

ah memories
                                Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                                Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                                The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                                The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                                The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                                Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Working...
                                X