Good Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i got a very passable green Canterbury base layer in TK max last week
    i use the issue green t shirts for barracks , but i have a collection of T shirts including dry flo and a couple of cool max t shirts from aldi which do me for tactics .
    "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

• Any idea where they might be bought in Galway?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobert View Post
        Any idea where they might be bought in Galway?
        aldi and lidl usually do base layers as part of hillwalking specials, usually retail for 8 -10 euro.
        most sports shops sell cantubury but they are as pricey as low alpine
        the store did low alpine before they may be in again ?
        if not try internet , i was told before carra will sell them direct. but they are as dear as normal sports shops ,

Comment

• Support the store!

Was in the Curragh the other day...

saw someone wearing one of these (http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/dpcfs2na.html)with Irish DPM sleeves!

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
            Support the store!

Was in the Curragh the other day...

saw someone wearing one of these (http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/dpcfs2na.html)with Irish DPM sleeves!
            Correct address http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/dpcfs2na.html
            "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

• I saw some pictures of the ARW wearing them in chad. Made by Lowe Alpine specially for them. A good idea if you're somewhere hot and you'll be wearing body armour at all times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry View Post
                I saw some pictures of the ARW wearing them in chad. Made by Lowe Alpine specially for them. A good idea if you're somewhere hot and you'll be wearing body armour at all times.
                ARW is my guess aswell

Also probably on issue to those heading to Chad...
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                  Also probably on issue to those heading to Chad...
                  God no, that'd cost money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry View Post
                    God no, that'd cost money.
                    Oh dear.... and there was me thinking the welfare of the troops was
                    paramount.... silly me.........
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                      Oh dear.... and there was me thinking the welfare of the troops was
                      paramount.... silly me.........
                      After the ARW had them made for Chad, there was a push to get them put on issue for the Bn's heading over.

But once again, the fact that the we're cheap ****s came into play.

Comment

• Speaking of Chad.Any photos?:wink:
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                          Speaking of Chad.Any photos?:wink:
                          Havoc put a few up in the Overseas folder, in the Chad thread, AFAIR

Comment

• this camp :

This little baby is great for on the ground, stores tiny and has a red light and flasher, white light and flasher

Petzl e+lite, €35 in Great Outdoors, highly recommended.

that picture is slightly larger than real size, also it comes with a tiny case for when not in use.

also late to the party but

great piece of kit :

11.99 in great outdoors, thermal mug, no handles is what makes this good as it'll pack in a cargo pocket and stay warm, also that's a full lid, there's no drinking slots - essentially it's a small flask. A long day on the ranges in Kilbride goes a little easier.
                            Last edited by trellheim; 11 July 2009, 17:01.
                            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• I have the Petzl, it's a great bit of kit altogether.
                              "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

• i had one of those cups nice bit kit enough for a cup of coffee and fits nicely in a ammo pouch too,
                                the top on mine deformed some how and wont screw on again and it didnt see rough use but then again it was a tenner ,

Comment

Working...
                                X