Good Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
    They're useless for doing any kind of work in them.

They're no good when it comes to having full use of your fingers in them
    Aren't all glove's like that? you lose loads of dexterity in your fingers with any form of glove.
    Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by paul View Post
      Aren't all glove's like that? you lose loads of dexterity in your fingers with any form of glove.
      Nah, I've a pair of Oakley's and Nomex flight gloves and get along grand.

With the issued ones, you may as well be wearing sausages on your fingers. They're shite... And don't taste anywhere near as nice as sausages.

Comment

With the issued ones, you may as well be wearing sausages on your fingers. They're shite... And don't taste anywhere near as nice as sausages.
        Thats because them gloves were designed to be ergonomic with your hands, they wouldn't do alot when it got cold. Them issue ones look like thats all there really made for.

Comment

• Aren't the issue ones basically thick thinsulate winter gloves?

Comment

• Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
            Aren't the issue ones basically thick thinsulate winter gloves?
            Yep.

Not worth a wank.

Comment

Yep.

Not worth a wank.

Except when its -5 out.

Comment

Because they are designed to allow flicking switches & turning knobs in an aircraft.

Comment

• i got a pair of knock off flight gloves not the greatest quality as they were aimed at air-soft but a much better type of glove then the leather ones i had been using before , i hate fingerless gloves
                  im sure these issue gloves are fine for standing around in much like those useless woolly ones which are / were on issue but for doing anything i doubt it question is do you have the room or the spare weight capacity to carry both
                  "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

• Are gloves issued to RDF personnel?? Iv never heard of anyone getting issued winter gear bar the odd norweigan and plenty of the useless old jumpers but thats it!!!
                    Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

• In my experience a lot of the training in the RDF is dependent on weather conditions and is usually conducted in summer so no real need for proper cold weather gear, thus a waste of valuable kit needed by the PDF

Comment

• Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
                        Are gloves issued to RDF personnel?? Iv never heard of anyone getting issued winter gear bar the odd norweigan and plenty of the useless old jumpers but thats it!!!
                        Wooly gloves & norwegian are on issue (not sure if gloves still are?) that is all unless on a course involving at least 72 hours tactical training

Comment

• Originally posted by CS Gass View Post
                          In my experience a lot of the training in the RDF is dependent on weather conditions and is usually conducted in summer so no real need for proper cold weather gear, thus a waste of valuable kit needed by the PDF
                          During the FTT for my PNCO course in July 200* we had snow, the same one easter camp in Kilbride.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                            During the FTT for my PNCO course in July 200* we had snow, the same one easter camp in Kilbride.
                            In the event of snow in july, all ranks shall be issued gloves, thermal underwear, winter camouflage and snow shoes

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                              Wooly gloves & norwegian are on issue (not sure if gloves still are?) that is all unless on a course involving at least 72 hours tactical training
                              Norgies are being phased out - as are the "wooly pullies"

The new DPM "bomber jacket" is being introduced to replace the above items
                              Saw this new jacket a couple of days ago - this is the upgraded one with the
                              single chest epaullete for a rank slider, rather than the shoulder rank epaulletes on the trial
                              version - a very nice bit of kit, and an end to Sergeants Major bollocking troops for wandering
                              around in their fleece (no DPM outer layer)

When will the RDF get it ? God only knows....

Originally posted by CS Gass View Post
                              In the event of snow in july, all ranks shall be issued
                              gloves, thermal underwear, winter camouflage and snow shoes
                              Yep, right....
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                                Norgies are being phased out - as are the "wooly pullies"
                                I'll believe it when I see the scale of issue

Comment

Working...
                                X