No announcement yet.

Good Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• right....anybody know a good tape for taping up straps, etc. on vests, rucksacks, etc

Get a staple gun with heavy duty staples, touch it off with an indelible marker, bobs your uncle.
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Do you get nbc ( or cbrn as its now called ) tape issued ? coloured green and used on on alot of kit here, very good kit
      Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

Comment

• sniper tape......oh yes
        It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

• Hi all, there is a tape out there called self-amalgamating tape.You can use it to wrap handles and things like that for grip.It's as sticky as a wino's armpit, available only in black and won't come off.Usually available in hardware shops.
          regards
          GttC

Comment

• It comes in white and clear also.

I have some that is flame resistant, works up to 350 degrees C and can handle 4 bar pressure.

Magic stuff.
            "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Just thought you lot might like a look at the latest issue waterproof/antibacterial gloves on issue to the PDF.I wont call them new as some units have had them since winter 2008,but as some of ye might not have aseen em here goes.
              Attached Files
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Had a look at them last year. THe Cav lads using them said they were kak.
                "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Depends what you are using them for.Patrolling ok.CIT ok.Detailed work bad.
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by knocker View Post
                    Do you get nbc ( or cbrn as its now called ) tape issued ? coloured green and used on on alot of kit here, very good kit
                    Knocker! - i can't believe you as an Engineer are promoting issued CBRN tape over issued Black'n'Nasty?!

Black'n'Nasty:

holding the most of the British Army together!
                    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• The issue gloves are crud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                        The issue gloves are crud.
                        Them DPM ones? how so?
                        Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

• looking at those gloves (which to me look class) would it be right in saying that the shade/colouring of Irish DPM has pretty much stabilized into a definite pattern? It seemed at one point that nearly every item in DPM was its own pattern as there was so much variation in the darkness and colours used ect, but looking at these and other items like the assault vest and back pack it seems to be no longer the case and it all looks identical as if it was all cut from large piece of fabric. A small point but i think it creates an air of being a first rate force when all your kit looks identical. it widens the gap from militia to professional force a fair bit if only in the eyes of civilians.

Comment

• Originally posted by CS Gass View Post
                            looking at those gloves (which to me look class) would it be right in saying that the shade/colouring of Irish DPM has pretty much stabilized into a definite pattern? It seemed at one point that nearly every item in DPM was its own pattern as there was so much variation in the darkness and colours used ect, but looking at these and other items like the assault vest and back pack it seems to be no longer the case and it all looks identical as if it was all cut from large piece of fabric. A small point but i think it creates an air of being a first rate force when all your kit looks identical. it widens the gap from militia to professional force a fair bit if only in the eyes of civilians.
                            I think there are actually 3 generations of the pattern since it was first issued. Each one slightly different in shape, shade and color. The one their using now is probably the fully finished product, so all things issued will now use that version of the pattern.

Comment

• Originally posted by paul View Post
                              Them DPM ones? how so?
                              They're useless for doing any kind of work in them.

They're no good when it comes to having full use of your fingers in them, for mag changing drills etc. even opening pouches becomes a nuisance with them. They don't offer any kind of protection to your hands. It's obvious that they weren't made with the ground in mind... A bit like a pair of gloves a kid would wear. They're about as military grade as my boxers.

I'd imagine they're handy for making snowballs or something... That'd be it.

Comment

• Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
                                I think there are actually 3 generations of the pattern since it was first issued. Each one slightly different in shape, shade and color. The one their using now is probably the fully finished product, so all things issued will now use that version of the pattern.
                                The darkest shade is the best one with regard to camouflage & concealment in Ireland and being hard wearing

Comment

Working...
                                X