Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Number One's

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    1. Any RDF/AR officers who marched in 2016 parade were issued peakers apart from Cav and told to wear them. They were not recovered after. Business case lol. However, its a uniform issue item, so what, move on

    2. Pool issue greatcoats I'd say you'll see it for PDF as well for ORs. Remember they took the Greatcoats off us in 1990 originally to give us a wooly jumper instead, this was a great trade-in
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

    "No, they're trying to fly the tank"

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by trellheim View Post
      1. Any RDF/AR officers who marched in 2016 parade were issued peakers apart from Cav and told to wear them. They were not recovered after. Business case lol. However, its a uniform issue item, so what, move on

      2. Pool issue greatcoats I'd say you'll see it for PDF as well for ORs. Remember they took the Greatcoats off us in 1990 originally to give us a wooly jumper instead, this was a great trade-in
      They did???
      I got issued a greatcoat in 2001/2 !
      Still have it, even though the pattern has since changed
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

      Comment


      • #33
        Move on LOL. No dog in the fight. Just the messenger. Good to see RDFRA has its priorities straight as usual. And to clarify. Not all AR Officers were issued peakers for 2016. Many purchased them of their own volition.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by apod View Post
          Move on LOL. No dog in the fight. Just the messenger. Good to see RDFRA has its priorities straight as usual. And to clarify. Not all AR Officers were issued peakers for 2016. Many purchased them of their own volition.
          Wasn't aware this was a baton that RDFRA had picked up to run with.
          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by ODIN View Post

            Wasn't aware this was a baton that RDFRA had picked up to run with.
            Who do you think submitted the business case and presented same to the DFCC? AR pers still have no personal issue waterproof clothing or field headwear but this was their priority? Seriously?
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by apod View Post
              Who do you think submitted the business case and presented same to the DFCC? AR pers still have no personal issue waterproof clothing or field headwear but this was their priority? Seriously?
              Some of us still remember the sword debacle.
              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

              Comment


              • #37
                I was unaware this was an RDFRA business case. As you say chuckle and move on. other issues abound as we know
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

                "No, they're trying to fly the tank"

                Comment

                Working...
                X