This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post

I should have been clearer, what I meant, was a black belt for day to day wear as opposed to the current Green material belt with the No. 1's. I'll need to chat to the Q about those black gloves though!
    ARW enlisted personnel wear a black Sam Brown with SD NO1 uniform - minus the cross strap
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post

ARW enlisted personnel wear a black Sam Brown with SD NO1 uniform - minus the cross strap
      Was not aware of this. Probably means the rest of us will never get it so!! I'd ask for pics, but I doubt there's any in the public sphere.
      Last edited by ODIN; 18 April 2023, 10:15.
      What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

That may have been the case back in the mid '90's,when the 58 Pattern belt was worn by all enlisted with SD's when weapons were carried. ARW didn't use 58 ptn belts they used their issued leather pistol belts. Nowadays ARW in SDs wear the same as the rest of the Army.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post

Was not aware of this. Probably means the rest of us will never get it so!! I'd ask for pics, but I doubt there's any in the public sphere.
          There was one in the Cosantoir circa 1994. Group shot of the Wing wearing different Uniforms.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post

There was one in the Cosantoir circa 1994. Group shot of the Wing wearing different Uniforms.
            That's the pic I was thinking of, but fkd if I know how the hell you knew what year it was
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Did the snipers pic up new helmets, those aren't the same model the Wing use.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocinante View Post
                Did the snipers pic up new helmets, those aren't the same model the Wing use.
                Nope. Not ARW. Purchased for the IWW for use in the Competition.

Comment

• Any whispers on the new field uniform?

Comment

Any whispers on the new field uniform?
                    Still at pre tender stage.

Comment

• I was shown a pic of the multicam and TBH I could not tell the difference between our proposed and next door's. Are we just going with a tricolour to differentiate ?
                      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                        I was shown a pic of the multicam and TBH I could not tell the difference between our proposed and next door's. Are we just going with a tricolour to differentiate ?
                        Likely to be a slight variation, but if that's the case, it'll be good news as there's plenty of Multicam out there, so additional pouches, skip caps etc will easily be available.

Comment

I was shown a pic of the multicam and TBH I could not tell the difference between our proposed and next door's. Are we just going with a tricolour to differentiate ?
                          Is there a proposed Irish palette then?

even looking at Multicam & MTP side by side there are differences but unless you knew they were different it would be difficult to tell

cheaper to go off the shelf

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post

Is there a proposed Irish palette then?

even looking at Multicam & MTP side by side there are differences but unless you knew they were different it would be difficult to tell

cheaper to go off the shelf
                            There's probably a shamrock baked into the pattern somewhere :D

Comment

• Actually scrap that it was probably the pictures I was looking at

Crye's "Regular" MultiCam® is directly compatible with British Multi-Terrain Pattern (MTP) camouflage as the difference is pattern is subtle but the colour palette is the same. MTP camouflage uses the original British DPM "brush strokes" pattern

Comment

Picture? As in care to share?
                                Last edited by apod; 18 May 2023, 18:32.

Comment

Working...
                                X