Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know what the names are. Not my point. DPM for example, is a generic name for the uniform and is easy to understand. UK has PCS and used to have DPM as well. I am arguing for an easy naming system. TPM for example sounds ideal.

Or if we want to use Irish abhar idirthreamhach patrun ( AIP ) = (material transitional pattern ) or easier Abhar Idirthreamhach greas = AIG material transitional design
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

DPM is a UK pattern.Not a uniform.
      PCS is a clothing system.
      MTP is a UK pattern.
      NZMTP is a pattern
      OCP is a Pattern.
      AMCU is a pattern AND a clothing system.

RMTTP is a Pattern,(again named to differentiate it from UK or even NZ MTP). A mouthfull I know but it makes sense to someone on high.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post

It's basically another name for multi-cam.
        A transitional pattern refers to a camo that is suited to environments where neither temperate camo nor desert camo is suitable.
        Cheers
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
          New Ballistic glasses going on issue shortly. Already on issue for overseas. ESS CROSSBOW I believe.
          Mea Culpa. ESS CROSSBLADES. Issued mine yesterday. Clear and dark lenses. Soft cloth protective bag which doubles as a cleaning cloth. Anti fog liquid and head strap included. All wrapped up in a MOLLE compatible hardshell zip pouch. Not bad. Lens replacement is VERY fiddly though. Single point of failure on the clip holding the lens in. I can see plenty being wrecked.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Having used ESS eyewear for years they are more sturdy than you expect. The Big (armoured car crew) goggles were very fiddly to change lenses, worse to get into their little sock thingy, but they never broke (no many how many branches they hit, even though the point of anchorage for the strap seemed, just ODD.
            The only weakness with the protective glasses was the rubber on the nose piece fell off after a few sweaty days use, and the lens at the point where the legs were attached started to develop tiny cracks over time.
            HOWEVER
            I took a bat (winged mammal, common pipistrelle, 3.5-8.5g) straight in the eye at 80-90km/h or so and the only blood was the bat's.
            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Been using ESS Profile NVG googles even before they went on issue (thanks IMO store).Wore them Overseas etc.Solid kit.My thinking at the time was if they were good enough for the Wing they must be good.And they were.

Purchased a UK surplus(new in Bag) pair of Revision Sawfly Ballistic glasses for my last overseas trip.Still going strong.Better Carrycase layout inside(slots for spare lens etc) although not a hardshell. Easier way to change the lenses also.

Of course the whole issue of these glasses is the usual arse about face that the DF does so well.Issue an Item of kit BEFORE any instruction is issued to say when and where they should be worn. I reckon they should be worn for ALL Tactical Training and Ranges. But hey,That would be too much like common sense.

Comment

Not specific to Soldier 2024, but an interesting video none the less,

What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Have the DF started issuing DPM rank markings and name tags, or are these specials courtesy of a well known premises based in Kildare?

"Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                    Have the DF started issuing DPM rank markings and name tags, or are these specials courtesy of a well known premises based in Kildare?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dfmaga...7720301760077/
                    No. To both questions. Being made by the Mingy Men outside the Gate of 6-42 in the Leb.

Comment

Anything new happen in the last 7 weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocinante View Post
                        Anything new happen in the last 7 weeks?
                        The new belts and gloves have been rolled out to everyone.

It's been said that the new body armour and helmets will be purchased next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post

It's been said that the new body armour and helmets will be purchased next year.
                          Any idea who the final contenders for both are going to be?
                          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

"The new belts and gloves have been rolled out to everyone." What does this statement mean ? Do I need to get my troops new issue or ?
                            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by ODIN View Post

Any idea who the final contenders for both are going to be?
                              I've no idea.​

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                                "The new belts and gloves have been rolled out to everyone." What does this statement mean ? Do I need to get my troops new issue or ?
                                Nope. AR are currently not scaled for either. New boots yes. Barrack (Black eagles) boots for AR recruits (Initial issue)going forward and FWT for everyone else AR. Operational (Scouts) for AR personnel on career courses etc which have a 72hr TACEX on the syllabus or for AR involved in 72 Hr Exercises alongside PDF. EG EX Dark Knight.

Comment

Working...
                                X