X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web tex tactical vest

just wondering if any one here has bought one of these

http://www.irishcombataccessories.co...fcb850d1f4240a

every sec person in my company seems to have one and rates it but im looking for some outside perspective , cheers.
    Anyone need a spleen ?

Web-Tex Vest

I bought one a good while ago (I cant say where as I will be dragged up against a wall and shot by a moderator). {Mod-spare us the martyr syndrome}

I have used it a lot and it is the mutts nuts. Still in good nick and better than PLCE by miles.

Comment

Webtex in general is looked down as being of a lower quality than a lot of other gear. It's cheap, but only through shoddy manufacture. Some people seem to get lucky though. You hear of lads in the BA buying a webtex vest that falls apart after 2 weeks, and others who buy one and it lasts years. I know that FMolloy had a lot of problems with webtex bergens falling apart, and does not supply them any more as a result

You should bear in mind that webtex gear is aimed towards Army Cadets, which is a youth organisation.

Comment

So it'll be grand for the RDF then
        It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Bought a webtex vest about a year and a half ago. Stiil in good condition despite a lot of use during exercises. Never had any trouble with it.
          Moving like brown's cows!

Comment

Web-tex webbing is muck, save up & buy a proper vest.
            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

moneys no object thankfully . some not so subtle hinting is going on that any members of the unit who see themselves staying active should buy one and there would be uniformity kitwise .

so if not this one , which would you recommend ??
              Last edited by ollie; 12 June 2006, 23:22.
              Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

The problem we have is the pattern, only Protac make stuff in Irish pattern. The closest patterns to Irish DPM is Central European (French) and US Woodland.

So if you want stuff in Irish DPM you buy Protac. If you want stuff in either of the other patterns you've more choice. Arktis make good stuff, and I'm not the only one who sells it before somebody jumps down my throat. There's also US companies like Eagle, Tactical Tailor & SO Tech.
                "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

If you're not bothered about the pattern, there's loads of UK companies doing stuff in Brit DPM - SASS do bomb-proof stuff, as do CQC who make the issue stuff.

Comment

are there only the 2 types in the store or will you be getting more
                    Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

That's all I've got at the moment, there should be more to follow later in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by FMolloy
                        That's all I've got at the moment, there should be more to follow later in the year.
                        you decide what modular stuff your getting FM?
                        Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ollie
                            moneys no object thankfully . some not so subtle hinting is going on that any members of the unit who see themselves staying active should buy one and there would be uniformity kitwise .

so if not this one , which would you recommend ??
                            Would wearing webbing (either 58 or PLCE) not give your unit uniformity with the rest of the DF?

Comment

not when the officers n ncos use the vest most of the ptes who are active have it too . the coy officers seem to want to go down this route n as i already have my own webbing am not keen on having to splash out again
                              Last edited by ollie; 13 June 2006, 22:55.
                              Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

Working...
                              X