No announcement yet.

Confessions of a Gucci-Kit Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 354 is half the width though so it'd fit. Can't see a baby-S going into a cameller ( but then I'm not up at that end at the moment ).
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
      Meant to add as well, that I'd checked the last battery just before deploying on LFTT, had 8/8 charge. Happy days I thought, no need to try and source a spare as it's endex in an hour and then 20 minutes later it dies on me.
      SINCGARS doesn't actually read the battery status, that counter resets to full whenever the battery is changed. If a battery is part charged it's supposed to be marked with the charge level, which you then enter into the radio. You could plug one into a potato and it'd tell you 8/8.

Comment

• Sorry s&s, fat fingers, meant to like...
        I knew a simple soldier boy.....
        Who grinned at life in empty joy,
        Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
        And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
        With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
        He put a bullet through his brain.
        And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
        Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
        Sneak home and pray you'll never know
        The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Will an A6 Nirex fit in the protac A6 cover so you'll be able to use it without taking it out?
          Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Those mechanix gloves are class s&s, got a pair to replace flight gloves I had that died my hands green when they got wet!
            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
              Those mechanix gloves are class s&s, got a pair to replace flight gloves I had that died my hands green when they got wet!
              Nice one, I can't recommend them enough.

Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
              3 batteries shitting the bed within 8 hours is most likely just down to the batteries themselves being on their last legs. If dealing with Bn Sigs stores ya most likely won't get them but whenever possible, always snap up the sand coloured rechargeable batteries. They're obviously newer and far less inclined to shit the bed on ya.
              Originally posted by Barry View Post
              SINCGARS doesn't actually read the battery status, that counter resets to full whenever the battery is changed. If a battery is part charged it's supposed to be marked with the charge level, which you then enter into the radio. You could plug one into a potato and it'd tell you 8/8.
              You see, this is what I love about IMO is when little nuggets of knowledge like this pop up in the discussion. I had actually asked the DS on the Ex if there were any audible tones or other indicators for when the battery was nearly spent; they referred me to the BATT CALL button, which is why I relied on it for a gauge.

Thanks lads!

Comment

• Kermit is pretty shit hot with info when it comes to Singcars.

Not taking from any one elses ability but I've seen him in action with them.
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Would it be overly gucci to carry one of these little volt meters & use it to probe a battery, so you have a good idea of whether it's a dud beforehand?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/DC-7V-120V-Mi...item233d80dd26

Hope the newer radios have more sophisticated battery gauges

Comment

• CIS should have plenty of voltmeters so you could just ask them to check the batteries with one while drawing them. Wouldn't take all of 2 minutes more.

Comment

• No idea where to stick this, Gucci Kit however seems to be the right location.

Arktis making trousers very similar to the Crye G3 kit (normally found in all good SF wardrobes) but in / or close to Irish DPM.

In fact Arktis doing loads of kit (Smocks, shirts, trousers, Chest rigs) in / or close to Irish DPM these days.

eg: follow link, scroll down and look for colour swatch's on the right, see what looks like Irish DPM, click on swatch, it enlarges and says IRISH beneath it. So I guess that's Irish DPM then.

http://www.arktisltd.co.uk/products/c311/
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by FMP; 7 September 2014, 08:55.
                      We travel not for trafficking alone,
                      By hotter winds our fiery hearts are fanned,
                      For lust of knowing what should not be known,
                      We make the Golden Journey to Samarkand.

Comment

• It is Irish DPM

Comment

• Seems the DPM pattern can be gotten on a lot of kit, Load bearing kit included
                          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• They're supplying the DF with Sniper smocks amongst other kit so are obviously looking to expand their market with more Irish DPM kit.

Comment

• Arktis supplied the first DPM kit to the wing but BA pattern.They then supplied the first IP-DPM trial kit with the same design/cut.As said they still supply all the sniper kit.
                              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Not a Camel-back Motherload, but close (Therefore quiet a bit cheaper).

Not Irish DPM, but close. PS, how's your french, hit translate if as bad as mine

http://www.inuka.com/sac-a-dos-sac-a....htm#toe301630
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by FMP; 8 September 2014, 12:41.
                                We travel not for trafficking alone,
                                By hotter winds our fiery hearts are fanned,
                                For lust of knowing what should not be known,
                                We make the Golden Journey to Samarkand.

Comment

Working...
                                X