Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archimedes
    replied
    The Garmin EPIX GPS watch on ibood today for e170 seems to be at a good price.
    http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product-s...gps-watch.html

They seem to be about 2 years old now but the reviews are pretty good.
    I'm not sure if it does Irish Grid out of the box but if not, you can get a free plugin that adds it
    https://apps.garmin.com/en-GB/apps/e...e-6acb3f9eccef
    The sooner we all move all of our maps, systems and training to MGRS, the better though.
    Last edited by Archimedes; 21 November 2017, 14:50.

Leave a comment:

• Fridge Magnet
    replied
    Originally posted by Duffman View Post
    The arktis rainshield jacket is supposed to be a savage bit of kit. Its out of general production in the original OG, but it popped up there on the list!!
    I got one of the rainshields, unreal bit of kit!

Leave a comment:

• ropebag
    replied
    from recall RVops were on the expensive side, but actually i think its a wider issue that will effect all the suppliers - simply that the issued kit is usually as good (broadly), or certainly not many hundreds of pounds worse, as what you can buy commercially, and while gucci kit fiends will always be about and things will go in and out of fashion, there's no longer 100,000 people needing to buy decent boots, goretex's and bergens...

i was chatting to a friend about it not long ago and comparing now to the early 90's when we both joined - my first tour was in 1993/4 to Bosnia with the TA, and i took almost nothing that was on issue, and instead my Bty dipped into its funds to buy what the seniors knew i'd need rather than the utter tat on offer from the MOD. commercial boots, windproof, commercial waterproofs, commercial duvet jacket, gloves, sleeping bag, chest rig etc.. well in excess of £1000 in early 90's money. now however if you sent me to a Bosnian winter tour there's almost nothing that i'd think i needed to buy rather than relying on the issue gear.

the old DMS or S8 boots cost the MOD less than £20, compare that to the Alt-bergs, Meindls etc.. on offer today.

Leave a comment:

• SwiftandSure
    replied
    Yeah it's a real shame. Their customer service was second to none, there was always a deal or discount to be had if you engaged them directly.

Oh well, KitMonster is still going strong, I hope.

Leave a comment:

• F_M
    replied
    Seems that it happened back in November.
    I suppose, with Afghan done, the market has severely diminished.

Leave a comment:

• SwiftandSure
    replied
    Arrse and Facebook are the sources. New company bought the name and associated reputation and just use it to flog Kombat UK crap and link business to budget airsoft stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Buck
    replied
    Serious? That's a shame. I got a seriously class deal on a camelbak 3l in multicam a while back because they were running a free postage offer and had a good discount on the camelbak in the first place. But yeah, they were kind of dear

Leave a comment:

• The real Jack
    replied
    Well they were extracting the urine with the prices they charged so it's no surprise they're gone.

Leave a comment:

• F_M
    replied
    Source?
    While they did have some good kit and seemed like great lads, they were always far too expensive to really justify buying from them.

Leave a comment:

• SwiftandSure
    replied
    It is with a heavy heart that I must report rumours that RV Ops has changed hands and is now being run as a solely web based operation by some cheap and nasty airsoft company called Novelty Island.

Leave a comment:

• SwiftandSure
    replied
    Was that UKTactical by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• danno
    replied
    The donor of unsolicited goods has one year to recover same in default the recipient has good title.

Leave a comment:

• HavocIRL
    replied
    So I ordered a backpack for my travels online through a military gear website. Package arrives at my work, delighted to see the backpack is of good quality and hopefully I'll get a bit of use out of it.

Next day I get another email from my reception telling me that a package has arrived for me. Thinking that she might have me confused with someone else or she still thinks I haven't picked it up I head down to talk to her.

Turns out there is another delivery for me from the same website. Confused I half expect them to have sent me the same backpack again.

Open it up and find a ATACS FG camo Warrior brand Plate carrier and several pouches.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2499.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	519.2 KB
ID:	697941

Was half expecting an email a few days after I received it saying there'd be a mistake and I'd have to return it but its been over a month now and nothing.

So I think I may hang onto it for the Zombie apocalypse as its an amazing bit of kit. The only downside now is that I've been trolling through military gear websites fantasizing about purchasing more gucci kit to go with it.

Leave a comment:

• HavocIRL
    replied
    Have recently become the beneficiary of a case of mistaken kit delivery. Will post photos when I get the chance.

It's safe to say the Gucci Gear addict in me has been awakened.

Leave a comment:

• apod
    replied
    The snag with using top loading daysacks like the issue 35 ltr one or the MTP predator clone is that IOT get at the stuff at the bottom of the pack you have to take everything above it out.Makes packing a bitch.I found the issue daysack a nause on the standard course when doing PIA's as to get into the main body of the pack you have to open 3 separate clips and a drawstring.Not good when you need the 500rd link in a hurry!
    maybe if the issue pack had MOLLE for attaching external pouches it wouldn't be a problem.But noooooooooooo we didn't need that

As for clamshells bursting their zips.Most clamshell packs nowadays come with compression straps either across the top like the DCC pack or around both sides like the USMC FILBE.
    Funny though that the BA chose to keep a 45ltr pack as the "Project Payne" study specifically advised against carrying such large daysacks.I wonder is the DCC pack part of the VIRTUS kit or will it be replaced by something smaller when VIRTUS hits the stores in september??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X