Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The DF on Telly

RTE announced its new Autumn line up. Included is:
    Recruits: A documentary offering “unprecedented behind-the-scenes access to the Irish Defence Forces”.

Should be interesting

The Promo for it has plenty of F*&Ks and other curses from the NCOs, which won't please some of the top brass.

Comment

Tonight, on "Eye on Springfield": just miles from your doorstep, hundreds of men are given weapons and trained to kill. The government calls it the "army", but a more alarmist name would be -- "The Killbot Factory."
      To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Recruits were trained in 1ACS I witnessed them doing press ups whilst I was. on a run CRINGE " 1234 I love d cav corps ��

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser View Post
          Recruits were trained in 1ACS I witnessed them doing press ups whilst I was. on a run CRINGE " 1234 I love d cav corps ��
          This cannot be allowed to air........

The DF will never recover from such an embarassment
          To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Infantry doesn't rhyme.
            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Infantry couldn't count to 4. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                Infantry doesn't rhyme.
                Thank god!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie View Post
                  The Promo for it has plenty of F*&Ks and other curses from the NCOs, which won't please some of the top brass.
                  In other words, real life
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                    In other words, real life
                    Yeah right........

Click image for larger version

Name:	000afa2f-572.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	698007
                    Last edited by Herald; 14 August 2015, 00:39.

Comment

Quick point but wouldn't it have been a better idea to screen this in time for the recruitment competition. Won't it be over by the time this airs?

I read through the rest of the RTE announcement and literally couldn't see any other thing I'd watch. Another year of the country's TV licence money well spent.

Comment

It'll be in time for the next recruitment campaign, and will be available as a reference for potential recruits for many years to come. Up to now the best managed was shows on the radio about recruit training, full of foul language and shouty people.
                        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                          It'll be in time for the next recruitment campaign, and will be available as a reference for potential recruits for many years to come. Up to now the best managed was shows on the radio about recruit training, full of foul language and shouty people.
                          Hey it worked on me

Comment

Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
                            Quick point but wouldn't it have been a better idea to screen this in time for the recruitment competition. Won't it be over by the time this airs?
                            Or time a recruit competition to match the screening of the program

Comment

When the Df takes in a batch of crows, do they all go straight to a corp/regiment to train? I thought it was all centralised.

Also. Ha!....... GAAAYYYYYY!

Comment

Working...
                              X